Disco!

jon-monon

Thank you good friends!

Stan, sure, I'll make a drawin' and parts list. Probably make these at 1/3 to 1/2 price of ready made. Probably be a couple of weeks before I can get it done.

I believe the brand of the brass is metalworks. It's carried by Menards, and Lowes may carry the same brand. Then you need trucks of your choice, kadee #5's, the lower half of the pocket, and either carve the upper half, or much easier just use a kadee .015 shim. And lots of NBWs. 32 for each disco. :eek:

Steam Donkey

Thanks Jon! Sounds great. Would you please PM me and let me know roughly how many $ you were thinkin'?

I better hire some extra LPBs down at Stan's Logging Equipment and Accessories and get ready to start building buggies! :D

Stan

jon-monon

This is the first drawing, not to scale, and I will need to label everything.

Attachments

• disco1.jpg
    disco1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 174

jon-monon

Actually, I think I'll draw it over to scale in O. I just did this real fast as I have a few minutes to spare.

jon-monon

Bill of Materials

The name brand of all the brass is "Metal Works" from Menards.

1 - .081 brass rod -- coupler pins

2 - 3/32" X 3/16" brass rectangular tube -- inner bunk

3 - 5/32" X 5/16" brass rectangular tube -- backbone

4 - .015" X 1/8" X 1/8" brass channel -- outer bunk (optional)

5 - 2 1/2" HO scale NBW (grand line #5094)

6 - 1 3/4" HO scale NBW (tichy #8016)

7 - kadee #5 coupler

8 - part of kadee #232 pocket (part with the bushing

9 - .015" shim kadee #211 (the other half of #232 may be used if trimmed, but it is somewhat difficult to get smooth action)

10 - small rod for supports

11 - Trucks, wheelsets and mounting screw, your call.

bpate

Jon, Those disconnects look great. Well done. Its been a while since last posted here. Glad I took a look again.

Cheers

rguyett

Excellant workmanship as always
enjoyed the pics in extreme detail
I will also try building some
thanks again

Cinnibar

Disconnects

Jon,

Neat looking disconnects! I can hear them creaking and squeaking along the line. :D

In reference to.............
(don't ya love it when they explode?)

Awhile back I picked up a tip from one of the magazines. Give your cut-off wheels a drop of CA on both sides and smear it around coating both sides of the disc. They won't be indestructible but it does make them quite a bit tougher. Just thought I'd pass that one along. :)