Dioramas anyone?

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by JohnReid, Aug 25, 2005.

1. JohnReid

JohnReid Active Member

Whats wrong with this diorama forum?There has hardly been any posting since 2004.Dioramas are the highest expression of what we do as modelers.Why such little interest?Cheers! John. :wink:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

lol dont blame me, I didnt do it hahahahaha. Well, as you probably know by now, we just had our 2000th member sign on, 2000 members in approx 20 months, so, it maybe that the forum hasnt been around quite long enough for avid diorama builders to make many postings or even realize there is a "diorama" section....i know I didnt realize it was there.
    Just give it time, we are still young, I am sure ppl will start posting there in the future.

have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

www.cardmodels.net has been in existance since 2002, but this current incarnation has been up for 20 months.

as for dioramas, i have done them in the past, if i find it, i will post a picture or two, but i tend to just build what i like, and if i can do a diorama quickly i will, sometimes the model stands on its own

ARMORMAN Guest

working on a diorama kit, but it takes something I'm short of currently: time.
  5. damraska

damraska Member

A while back I purchased some trucks and tanks to put in dioramas with my planes. When I realized building a truck or tank requires effort equivalent to building a jet, I backed off. (In my experience, jets require more effort than older aircraft.) I only have so much free time, and I would rather spend that time building planes, so I have yet to build a ground vehicle.

Anyway, I went looking for easier things to build for a 1:33 scale diorama--crates, oil drums, airfield sections, tugs, etc. As far as I can tell, designers have not addressed the accessory market for card aircraft. I cannot go to a store and buy a kit with 1:33 scale airfield accessories. I realize I could scale down accessories from a few tanks, but I'd rather just buy and build. So, I want to build a diorama, but not enough to get me over the hurdles, yet.

On a similar subject, I'm also surprised no one sells alternate skins or upgrade parts for existing models. (Exception: I know GPM's magazine sometimes contains upgrades to their kits.) I'll buy and build 5 GPM Stuka's if some enterprising soul will sell me alternate skins for it.

6. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

wait a minute...

...not true D. this designer has addressed the need for the accessories you mentioned. take a look in the parts bin and you will notice elements available for a suitable presentation of paper models. unfortunately, they are not in the scale you are seeking since i only work in one scale, 1/72. hopefully larger scale designers will address this issue and accomodate your needs. i'm sure you are not the only one seeking... cheers, c.b.
  7. 46rob

46rob Member

I'm currently working to get my P-80 model finished. Right now I'm working on the instructions. The kit will include a J-33 engine, engine stands, a tail stand and removable tail, and an engine crane. The T33 variant, which comes next will have additional GSE, in the form of O2 and N2 servicing units. My A4 Skyhawk comes with a tractor and towbar. All at 1/48 scale. I'm doing this specifically for those who want to do more with their model than just park it on a shelf, and want to tell a story with their models. I jsut made a trip to the National Museum of Naval Aviation's research library and have photo's and line drawings of most of the GSE used by the Navy in the post war period. My goal is to add a piece or two to each model I develop as a lagniappe.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member