Diorama too late for the competition

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by MasonJar, Jun 9, 2004.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Well, here is my diorama. Fortunately I did complete it in time for the diorama competition, but unfortunately I did not get pictures in time :(

Here are a few pictures for your perusal anyway... They are - An overall "eye-level" shot, a close up of the rock face, and a shot of it on my picnic table on the back deck.

I must say that the natural light goes a long way to improving the look of the work and the photos!

Attached Files:

2. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Great job Andrew, you've got my Vote! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. CN1

CN1 Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: Nicely Done
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice Andrew!
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice job Andrew!!! Natural lighting really makes a difference doesn't it? But where's the train? I think that diorama would look even better with the front end of a (insert favourite engine name here) coming into view.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. BDC

BDC Member

Andrew -

Very nicely done! The first photo blends in well with the 'natural backdrop' of your yard. Nothing against Val, but I think it looks better without a train. It seems to have a timeless and serene feeling.
  8. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Nice job! :thumb: :thumb:
  9. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Good work. FRED
  10. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

That's really looking very good, Andrew!

11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  12. MasonJar

Thanks everyone! I will give Val's suggestion a try - it didn't occur to me at the time. I was just happy to have it done! ;)

13. interurban

interurban Active Member

:eek: WWWOOOOOO, nice job Andrew!!!!!

Are you going to incorperate it in your lay out?? our save it for outside shots?? :thumb:
  14. jkristia

jkristia Member

nice work :thumb:
  15. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Looks like a great spot for a picnic and some railfanning, Andrew.

Can you get LPB railfans? WIth cameras around neck, and stuff? so they can :wave: at the passing TOOTs? :)
  16. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

That's a really nice piece of work, Andrew. :thumb: :thumb: Don't despair though, my diorama still isn't finished yet... :rolleyes: Maybe I can enter it in next year's contest! :D
  17. shamus

shamus Registered Member

It might be too late for the comp., but it's a very nice looking diorama and great photo's also.
  18. MasonJar

Woodie -

I am sure that LPBs can be found that fit the decription... I have an old one-page scratch building article from an RMC that shows how to build an "O" scale telescope for your miniature railfans... ;)

19. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Terrific rock work!!!
  20. MasonJar

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments! :)