Dinkel GX Fireworks Rocket Plane from Bruce McCall's Zany Afternoons

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Bruce McCall's humorous retro-dieselpunk "book", Zany Afternoons, is basically a compilation of reading passages and pictures from an eccentric, whimsical world from the 1920s to the 1950s. The book is rather hard to find, although the most famous chapter of the book is Major Bixby's Forgotten Warbirds. This chapter consisted of fantastical "experimental" aircraft with humorous backstories, such as an extremely large Russian Transport whose lopsided nose section was the result of the blueprints being bent up.
However, the funniest aircraft that was featured in the chapter was the "Dinkel GX", a Nazi aircraft fueled by Fireworks. http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/DINKEL GX.htm

The model I am currently building should be quite simple, and so far I have the first page of parts done:

Attachments

• Picture 211.jpg
    Picture 211.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 117

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
@ Gerald: I probably will build a few other models from the book, but for now I'll probably be busy with my studies.

I have attached an image of page 2 below. Unfortunately, due to my studies, I won't be able to do any more work on my models on weekdays, so the test build as well as other models will have to wait till the weekends.

Attachments

• Picture 212.jpg
    Picture 212.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 101