Dilemma - Plaster of Paris building kit

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by johncogan, Mar 30, 2008.

1. johncogan

johncogan New Member

Hi all

This is my first post on the forum, hope its the right place for the enquiry.

Many years ago as a kid (about 1975-1978) my father bought me a large kit which was used to make buildings of various types (If I remember correctly it allowed you to build about 4 or 5 different english cottages and a cathedral).

The way it was used was that the buildings had all their seperate parts as latex/rubber molds into which you poured plaster of paris.

Once the casting was hard you took them out. The castings were highly detailed, even down to the ivy growing on the side of the cottages and were modular, so you glued the parts together (the edges were much like a wood workers finger joint), and then once all was com,pleted you painted and mounted the building.

The issue I am having is that I cannot find anything like this anywhere on the internet and believe me I have scoured it.

I am possibly using the wrong keywords in my searches but have tried quite abit.

I am desperate to get into this as I have been given my fathers old train set and would like to do the scenry and structures on a table for it without having to build buildings from scratch or with balsa wood.

Any ideas or pointers to manufacturers or stores that supply anything like this would be great.

Not sure on the exact scale but it might be about Ho size.

Regards and thanks
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Are you talking about... this?
  3. johncogan

johncogan New Member

Hi Lex

Hi Lex

No not really. That is quite large scale and low on detail. The item(s) I am talking about are small scale, high detail and come with the molds which allow you to do the plaster casting yourself.

Thanks for your reply though.

4. johncogan

johncogan New Member

Hi again

Something along the lines of this companies products (Although their structures are fantasy based)

Hirst Arts Mold Page
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Now I'm in awe... :D
  6. johncogan

johncogan New Member