Digitals Yamato

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Still nothing glued down, I think it has come to the time to turn her over and do the props and rudders. I'am running out of old ice cream tubs to store the bits in. I'll start them next so I can glue down all the parts constructed.
Also started the touch up on the paint work.

Ideas for next build so far:-

• Prince of wales
    USS Missouri
    HMS Hood
    USS Arizona
    USS Texas
    HMS Vanguard
    IJN I-400

More later

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Bit more done tonight

Finished the firts shaft, three more to finish.
Paint is still wet so I can't glue them to the hull yet :cry:

Also finished both rudders.
On the ship they go in tandom as shown not side by side.

Still building tonight might be more later?

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
mucky stop up! interesting way of steering looks complicated glad I build waterline models. Bronze paint adds realism.

Sat and worried about matching colours on touch up this afternoon then came to the conclusion with all that paintwork no two deckhouses would look the same in real life, and in wartime who is going to paint the whole ship because of rust. Anyway that's my story and I'll stick to it and if anybody asks I shall swear blind it's weathering.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

I would not worry. It looks good to me.

Paint some of the joints red and put on the display plate "Half way through refit" :D

Look forward to your next up date

Regards

Rob

bwallaw

Nov 26, 2005
Seattle, WA
Hi Rob-

Been lurking here for awhile and admiring the construction. You have great patience and attention to detail. It is really paying off.

I recall that you have yet to glue anything to the deck, so I imagine you'll touch up those constructions before permanently affixing them to the model. I am mostly interested to know how you will paint the blast covers.

Looking forward to more :)

Bikerpete

Feb 27, 2005
Calgary
Next Build

"Ideas for next build so far:-

Prince of wales
USS Missouri
HMS Hood
USS Arizona
USS Texas
HMS Vanguard
IJN I-400"

I have the GPM "Prince of Wales" in my stash....a very nice looking kit. I don't think you would be disappointed. It's above my skill level right now but, who knows, maybe in a couple of years I could do a decent job.

Let me know if you want pictures of some of the parts and the photo-etch set.

Bugbrains

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Mark:
I was looking for the IOWA class too, and came up with an old GPM Missouri kit on the German eBay site at 1/200 scale. They still come up from time to time, and I saw an older model at 1/300 scale, but I don't recall the publisher. I also heard GPM was re-doing their kit and going to re-release her, reportedly sometime this year. Some of the sellers on the German eBay will only deliver locally, i.e., Germany, but some ship world-wide too. Payment is normally by direct wire transfer into their account, unless you subscribe to some check payment system that seems to be popular in Europe, but I'm not that familiar with how that works. Hopefully GPM will re-issue their kit, most likely upgraded, and, well, there you are. :)
Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
:D

Hi all

I will be back to the updates tonight, that nasty thing called work got in the way :cry:

Roman if you are doing Hood put a post on the site and you have one customer already. I check your sight all the time to see if new models are on there. If it's as good as Yamato it will sell very well. Thanks guys and girls for all the great comments, it makes me try harder to please.

Best regards

Rob