Digitals Yamato

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Just three quick shots of finished turret B.

Michael I'am very happy with this glue, as when dry it is clear. If you need to fill a small hole, when dry it can be sanded smooth and will take any form of paint. Also I get it for free. The 151 glue is the same as the stringy UHU glue. This glue cost's about $1.00 for three tubes. the super glue the same.

More tonight

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Thanks for sharing your scoring technique, Rob! I also found the photos of your tool collection very interesting. I'm still very new to cardmodeling so I'm still in the process of acquiring and trying out different tools. It's always helpful to see what the veterans are using! :D

I'll also add my voice to the chorus in saying that the turrets look wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing how you make and install the blast covers.

A.J.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Just a quick one on the blast covers, they are very simple to do.

Digital Navy models have a template on the gun page if the model requires it. But if you don't have this all that you have to do is get a bit of cotton and rap it around the barrel one and a half times where you won't the cover to finish. This gives the diametre required. Curve the casement end as shown in the photo.

The paper I used for this one was just a good quality ink jet paper. copy paper tends to go all ragged when crumppled. You must crumpple the paper first as this will reduce the size of the pattern if you don't. fold the paper as meany times as you need, put the template on the top and cut it out.

Fold it in half and insert it in to the casement. Put a tack of glue at the top of the curve and let it dry, then go round evenly on both sides gluing it down, pulling and bending the edge as you go. DON'T glue the seam along it's length until the barrel is in place. Also when finished DON'T glue the cover to the barrel if you want them to move as with time the paper will crack if it's not allowed to move on the barrel.

Bit long winded I know, been a long day and I'am knackerd
If you don't get any part of this just ask

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Started to roll secondary gun barrels while glue sets on the others.

The bore is 0.25mm, overall width is 0.75mm, left the pin in to show what I used to roll them.

The second photo is of A gun blast covers ready for the barrels to go in, the seam will be glued then to complete. Apart from a few extra bits the main guns will be touched up and glued into place. the last photo is just for an idea of what she looks like with them on.

More tonight

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Started build on secondary guns, four to do.
These will have blast covers on as well.
Going to do a little more on bridge now as my fingers are stiff from the rolling.

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

I have started to build the funnel before taking the bridge any higher.

Must touch up the paint work now as alot of it will be hard to do later!
I will finish the touch up and let it dry over night.
It will be hard for Roman to watch one of his designs get butcherd :lol:

Regards

Rob