Digitals Yamato

Jim Krauzlis

So, Barry, according to Mike's size factor you've had 26,805 visits. :lol:
Each and every one no doubt a pleased customer. :D

Jim

jrts

Jim :D :lol:

To all

I only said thanks for watching this thread and the support from all while doing it and that I was amazed at the amount of views it had.

Jims comment with regards to Barrys build on Savage was meant I think as a pat on the back for all good the build threads running not as a slure.
And a 1/200 the scale is larger than Yamatos 1/250 size is not everything.
To the builders its the fun that matters!!!!!

Game over

Regards

Rob

barry

Jim

Savage is a bit smaller than the others but on a parts count she is quite large just a lot of bits in a smaller space. I think the number of really large models I can accommodate is fairly small so probably a few more "little" ships I think. I've got a 1/400 JSC Nelson to build at some point and I would like to rebuild DN's Admirable to see if I can do better than before and I've still got to finish V107 and several others.......

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Indeed, Rob, I think it's utterly fantastic that all of the ship build threads have been so very popular, and of immense enjoyment. Each one has it's own special attraction and I've learned a lot of little gems from each and every one. I probably account for a fair share of those viewings, truth be known. :D

I do post from time to time with tongue firmly planted in cheek and hope no one ever, EVER takes anything I write as a slur or slight; for sure, I cannot tell you all how much I enjoy reading each and every post and seeing the incredible work that is being done here. Sometimes the post does not accurately reflect the smirk on my face, and hopefully no one took anything I said the wrong way. :eek:ops:

Barry's Savage is replete in details and superb craftmanship; I can't wait to see each photo update. This is true about all of the other threads we have going on here. For sure, the threads show how much fun we all have prodding each other along, and nothing but pure admiration for the work being posted. Size is not the guage at all, but the enjoyment we have in building and hopefully the joy given to others who read the posts and see the photos. For me it is like a virtual card modeling club and I look forward to every moment I can steal from the day to visit this forum.

Barry, I have had similar space limitations until recently, and that's why I either have built the smaller kits or given them away to family. With my new house and garage area I hope some of the size limits can be lifted, at least on a project by project basis, because I have been wanting to try some of the larger hulls. Sometimes the small hulls are very difficult indeed to work on some of the details, although you obviously have done exceedingly well in your details on the small 1/400 kits; Savage is no exception as I mentioned earlier, superb detail work, always a treat to see your updates, but you already knew that's how I felt. :wink:

Sorry if anyone misunderstood me. Believe me, I've gotten in trouble with my wife too many times to mention when she took something I said the wrong way. :shock:

Best regards to all.

Jim

jrts

Jim

We all know mate.

A simple thank you and good intensions were turned into an exposure tool.

Lets lay it to rest.

Rob

shoki2000

My remark was meant only to be a joke - apologize if it was a poor one...

I blame my sense of humor on Frances pounding Florida (including Tampa) with strong winds and heavy rainfall...........

cardfan

Besides, if you want small, Oregon is tiny compared to the stuff you guys are doing. And if my wife lets me stop painting I plan on finishing her this weekend. :D

Keep up all the great builds all of you!

Glen

barry

Hits

Hi All

I only put the rubbish up about the hits on other sites to say cardbashing is international and everybody on the other sites translates my rubbish etc and give me a good welcome. So if anyone is hanging back from doing it get in there.

I had better say no more or somebody will ask about the Wars of the Roses.

Oh shut up barry you are rambling again !!!!!

barry

Scorpio

Hi, Jim,
This is a masterly achievement!!!
The model looks gorgeous
Your model needs at all costs a glass cabinet!!

Hearty greeting
Scorpio

jrts

Hi all

Had a go at rigging Yamato while glues dry on the other two. :roll:

I used wire from a 36 strand domestic cable for this. I also opened the stern and the bows again to bed in the two flag poles to take the strain of the wire being pulled tight. All the wires have been soldered on to each other and where they go in to the supersrtucture they have been pushed through and a ring put on the ends to hold the wire so as when pulled thight it does not come out.

The firts photo shows C gun with its radio mast and conecting wires in place ready to fit to the hull. While donig this I had to remove some of the bits fitted as my big paws kept bustting them :cry:

A plane has been taken off for rigging on to the crane with folded wings.

Loads still to do

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi all

A few have asked what wire I used!!

This is the wire small domestic flex with three cores to it, the short length of thicker wire is 1.5mm to give it some scale. I strip the wire insulation off and the mess on the left is what you get, once stripped I wind it on to old cotton bobbins these are handy as they also give you something to pull on without putting kincks in the wire.

When soldering it put the solder on to only the section to be jointed. Then put the wires together and just touch with a hot DRY iron, this will stop to much solder from giving a blob effect.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rob

Bowdenja

Un Believable!!!

I just spent an hour going through this from beginning to now. What a magnificant job! I know from reading all of the threads that everything that can be said has been said, but I have just got to add my two cents worth. Rob you have done a wonderful job building and documenting this build of the Yamato. I am very new to this hobby and I can not believe the amount of beauty and accuracy that can be achieved from paper. Yes I come from the world of plastic. But not anymore.

Rob.... Thanks Again for all of your hard work and for sharing it with the world. I look forward to watching your next build and do hope you will share it with us.

John

jrts

Hi all

Except for the eight parts I had to remove to fit the rigging the kit side of the build is finished, (search lights around funnel and on mast removed)
These bits will be fitted back on when the paint work has been done and I will glue the island down at the same time.

The first photos are of one of the planes I changed so it I can hang it from the crane!!

Sorry for the poor photos I will try to take some when it stops rainning (two days solid now :cry: )

Thanks to all

Regards

Rob

barry

Rob

That should add some extra attraction to the finished job, looking forward to seeing some real railings

barry