Yea they look good!!!

On boy have you got some barrels to roll :lol:

I can go to bed now

night

barry

jrts

Hi all

Some barrels added to the AA guns.

Only 9 fitted so far, the small AA barrels are wire to get three barrels into a space of 3.5mm is hard. Each of them is thinner than a hair and are easy to bend when being fitted. :roll:

More later

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi all

I was able to reduce the parts pile by 70 bits tonight, built all the ladders for the bridge and test fitted some!! These things are microscopic a real tweezer job.

Barry your going to love doing these things :lol:

I will try to take some photos in the day light tomorrow as the flash makes them look bent. they spiral around the bridge and have platforms in between each flight of ladders.

That all depends if it ever stops chucking it down with rain :cry:

More tomorrow

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Ooooo! :D
I just LOVE that small stuff, Rob! :lol:
Stuff like that seems to take longer than the larger builds, for some funny reason... :D
She's looking great...sure wish it would stop raining overthere so I could enjoy more photos! :wink:
Jim

Scorpio

Hello Rob,

I congratulate (photo of the week)
A wonderful work.
Specially First-class Rob!!!!

With the best greetings
Scorpio

jrts

Hi all

First thanks for the kind words boys :D

It's a humble feeling to see your work on the front page :eek:ops:

Well after nearly two weeks of solid rain a gap came in the clouds!!

Sorry for the wall but I had to avoid the drops of rain off all the trees around us.

More build tonight

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi Scorpio

I don't know what you mean I've got a great avatar thanks to a very kind mate :lol:

Thanks mate

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi all

Just a quick photo for now, I shot out in between rain storms and took this one of last nights work.

Almost finished the upper bridge, two search lights to fit and done!!

More later

Regards

Rob

barry

Way to go Rob that bridge would fool abyone if the background was a seascape.

Looks as though it had real weight

barry

jrts

Hi all

Added a few more bits to the old girl

The first photo I should have posted the other day. I have put cone inserts into some of the barrels. When I did this I made them a little over size and then rubbed some PVA glue around the inside of the barrels to soften the card.

Then inserted the cones, what this did was to give the end of the barrels a flared look as very few gun barrels are straight at the tips.

It may not look it but I have done about another two hours paint work. Still loads of this to do.
I have also started to work my way down the bridge adding more fittings.

Not much has been done as I have been finishing off a soldering tutorial and getting Missouri ready for building. Also Tennesse's hull design turned into a pdf and test building the hull formers for fit and of course that nasty thing called work keeps getting in the way :cry:

More tomorrow

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi all

Just the one photo for tonight.

Added some more of the bridge fittings and ladders.

More tomorrow

Regards

Rob

jrts

Hi all

Fitted all but two of the kits deck fittings now.

Bridge section has a few bits still to go, but I should finish this tomorrow.
The last of the gun barrels have been cut or rolled just need fitting.

This then gives me the gun directors for the AA guns, mast and rigging to do and some major touch up work :roll:.

Once the kit side of the build is done I will have a go at putting rails and a few other extra details on to her. Some parts will also get a rebuild over a period of time!!!

More tomorrow

Regards

Rob

barry

Thanks Rob

got my fixes for the nght, in a way it will be sad to see Yamato finished just like Bismark. I hope you have better luck than Scorpio with Missouri

barry

jrts

Hi barry

Yamato will go on for a while yet as with the extras to do it will take some time to make the parts. With the raillings I will not fit them until I have made them all. If I don't like the way the look and have already fitted some it would be hard to put it right later :roll:

With Missouri I tested a few parts and a lot don't fit very well at all.
This makes the kit a chalange as I knew this before I got here and I'am realy looking forward to the kit bash on this one. I love the kit as it gives such scope for a bash as everything is so basic and graphics so poor.
The big problem I will have is colour, my eyes are not that good now and I have a problem with colours (should be fun) :lol:

This is not a moan I mean it I realy look forward to doing Missouri!!!

If I had your next build in my hands I could not hold back from starting it :lol:

More Yamato later and with a bit of work Missouri as well.

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

I'm Baaackkk! :lol:

Hello, all!
Finally finished moving, had the cable guy in this afternoon and now I am back in business...well, almost. :D
At least I can now check in and see all that I missed over the last few days.
Still living out of boxes, so to speak, so seeing all the great photo updates is uplifting!

Rob, sorry to see that Missouri is giving you such fitting problems. :(
I know you will see it through, though, and it will be great to see how you solve the various problems. What type of fit problems have you encountered?

Yamato is looking excellent, as usual. :D

I hear you about the railings. Some of the railings came out different in each batch on Mexico Victory, but as I did each successive batch I found the experience gained helped on the next set. A true work in progress! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more photos...I think I have been suffering from withdrawal, the update photo junkie I am! :lol:

Jim

jrts

Hi Jim

Glad your back with the crowd :D

The fit problems with Missouri are just print errors I think. The printers of the kit must have been in the wavey navy :lol:

Most have been resolved now and I will start the first build post on her tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I have had fun sortting this out, it may sound daft but this is right up my street :D

The railing on Yamato I will try three ways of making them wire, line, and plastic. It will be intresting to see how each type comes out as an experiment, I will show the results as I go along with that one.

Welcome back Jim and when you get de-boxed we look forward to Conny

Regards

Rob