Digitals Yamato

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Very nice work Rob! Don't you just love all of those repetitive parts. :) I can tell you are a very meticulos modeler... but, Saturday at 8pm? I have trouble figuring out what to do for lunch. :D

Looking forward to the next one!

Glen

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Rob,
You are not only a very generous soul (thanks for that great photo!) but a talented modeler! :D Not to mention a pretty outstanding photographer.

Those little details are coming along quite nicely, as tedious as they might be, and they make all the difference in this ship.

So, getting down to the wire on your search for the next project, huh?
Well, hey, hears a thought: how about one of those Missouri class battleships? :lol:
Oh, only one vote per person, huh? Pity.

I've got one of those GPM kits so after a few other projects are done, and things settle down a bit on the home front, I will try my hand at her; but not before studying all of these fantastic building threads real carefully, of course, to get some idea of what I should be doing. :)

Anyone have a clue as to how one should scan these large sized templates just in case I make a major mistake? My scanner can handle about 9" x 14" or so (can't recall off hand, and it's at work), but I know the larger kits use a substantially larger sheet.
Do you scan it in sections? Just curious if others have come across this and what they found to be the best solution.
Keep up the great work, Rob!! And post more photos, please...of your ship, of course. :wink:
Jim
BTW...did you see the photo of the 16 gun broadside?!? That must've hurt someone's ears....

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Yamato is looking stellar, Rob. I can't wait to see pics when she's finished! :D

AJ

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
:D Hi Jim

The photos great, there must have been a few fish floating after that let rip :twisted:

With regard to the scanner thing, being no wiz with the computor I scan the thing in bits and then fiddle with them to get the size I want. Then I cut and paste it together again and burn it on to a CD. I like models on CD's as I make loads of booboos.

There is 9hrs to go before for ideas for next build

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Mark

I did not find a kit of the right scale (1/250) the only kits I could find, the biggest was 1/300 which brings the model in at less than a metre.

To small for me as I like the larger scale of models, so it looks as if it will have to be a scratch built with design as I go. All I need to start this is some hull line drawings as the ones I have are not very good.

I have already started doing USS Tennesse this way and will be ready to post an up-date on this one in the next few days and you will see what I'am upto. Tennesse will be a 1/192 model when done I hope to put this up for download on this site.

I would like to do Missouri in 1/250 or 1/200

More Yamato in the next hour or so!!

Regards

Rob

R

RyanShort1

jrts said:
I have already started doing USS Tennesse this way and will be ready to post an up-date on this one in the next few days and you will see what I'am upto. Tennesse will be a 1/192 model when done I hope to put this up for download on this site.

Uh-oh! :roll: :shock: :lol:

Seriously, that will be interesting! If you get it done with a build description as nice as this one, it'd be interesting to see how many people download it and then build it.

Ryan

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Back again

Just two quick photos of the smaller bits going on!

More tonight

Regards

Rob

PS:- Ryan I have already started a thread on Tennesse, it was only a request for photos at the momment but will have build photos in it soon.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Two quick photos to show what goes in to one of the small tripple mount AA guns

The reason the barrels get left of on this model is my kids love to twiddle with things like that and bust them off :cry:

Already had to repair the crane and catapult after I left the door to the room open for five seconds, if you have kids you will know were I'am comeing from with that one :evil:

Still building, more later

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Rob

Kids are fascinated by cardmodels and especially when things move Takao's guns have been in every position possible and amasingly are still in one piece I shall have to put a sign on Savage saying nothing moves if it does you've bust it.

Good looking guns mate still gets better.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Just a few photos as to what I have been doing tonight!!

Loads of paint work to do tomorrow morning as I'am of to my pit soon as it is 2am.

More tomorrow night

Regards

Rob

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
All I need to start this is some hull line drawings as the ones I have are not very good.
Rob

Hope this isn't what isn't very good.
http://cache.ussmissouri.org/missouri.pdf
7.4mb
No lines but more than enough sections and deckplans to extract what you need.

And more on this class of grossly overrated overgrown anti-aircraft and shore bombardment too late to be real battlships ships at
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/MK/2003_N1/Draw/index.htm
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/MK/2003_N1/Pictures/page_01.htm

Maurice

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Maurice wrote:
And more on this class of grossly overrated overgrown anti-aircraft and shore bombardment too late to be real battlships ships at
Hey, Maurice, don't hold back...just speak your mind. :lol:
Can you tell us where you came across that set of plans? I would be interested to see what other ships are offered.
Pretty nice set, my dear Sir!
Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Some photos of where I'am upto, the bridge is going to need a re-build after the cat attack tonight (see battle scar's).

I will try to get some photos of the whole ship in day light tomorrow, it's hard as the thing is so big.

More then

Regards

Rob

Maurice thanks again for the links tons of info :shock:

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
jrts said:
the bridge is going to need a re-build after the cat attack tonight (see battle scar's).

Ouch! :shock:

I'm glad you're all right, Rob! And Yamato is still looking fantastic, even with bridge damage. :D

AJ