Digitalnavy Arizona 1/250e

philippe

Feb 27, 2004
bretagne france
DN kits

i am very happy and very proud for this comments,
but all the merit is for the designers, not for me,
i am a model builder since 30 years but since 1 year i discover card modeling via internet.
i thing its one off the better way to make very good models with poor mediums. ( sorry for my english).
Philippe

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Philippe:
Don't apologize for your English, you are understood very well. :)
While the designers do, indeed, deserve praise when they design a great model, it still takes the modeler to advance the design into its intended glory. And we all appreciate when that is done so very well as in your models, as well as others on this forum.
I am a novice at paper models and very much appreciate it when someone with obvious talent and experience shares their work. It provides me with inspiration to do better, as well as to give me the chance to ask questions on things I have not attempted yet.
Thanks for sharing your photos!
Jim

philippe

Feb 27, 2004
bretagne france
merci monsieur,

i am very impress with card building, some modelers can make marvellous things with poor things. this form of modelism is not on the "top" in france, its a shame! i have discover this art last year with internet and i thing that is a good way to lead some people to work about history, small job and share with the world!!
i am happy to do that, and i will forgrt my balsa-tissue planes!!

philippe

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Phillipe,

Great work but please do not give up your balsa and tissue model planes. You can't fly a paper ship on a spring day....,

I agree with you that using materials that surround people in their daily lives in a new and unexpected way is part of the "wonder" of paper modeling. I see it as an extension of artistic expression and really enjoy seeing "old" materials used in new and novel ways.

Keep up the beautiful work.

Best regards, Gil

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Halinski's new Yamato

Hi Phillipe

If you look on NOBI's msn group he has just posted some pictures of the new Halinski "Yamato" kit, as you have allready got a copy of the Digital Navy kit how do they compare for detail.

barry

philippe

Feb 27, 2004
bretagne france
printer failure? wonder catastrophe!

bonjour,
i to defer my arizona building because of a printer failure
however i ahve to built some JSC models gifts from friends
i am very impressed with the quality, very good pleasure with building
i will soon send some pics from my work
empire cam ship
intrepid a c
operation husky.... a great big work!! with crew 1/400 !! somebody can share exerience with me???
hms invincible,
and more work....

impertinent remark

i'm a beginer in papermodeling, but i thing that the extensive use of photoetcheds products it not a good thing, dont valorise this , its easer to make a hull with wood, the ladders with photoetch.., why use card?
my english, very poor i can not exprim but dont leave the cardmodel spirit, it's a great form of modelism

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
nice to see you back I saw your cam ship plane looked good.

Your english is easily understandable

I look forward to your photographs

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
:D

Hi Philippe

Lets have more on this build from a master model nut.

looking forward to seeing this ship come off the slip way ready for the water :?:

Hope to see more

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
^ It certainly is a great looking build and I hope philippe is able to work on it again soon. I remember reading a post from philippe that he had developed a problem with his printer and was unable to work on Arizona for the time being. :(

AJ

philippe

Feb 27, 2004
bretagne france
Arizona DigitalNavy

hello,

I have to stop the construction of Arizona because of problems of printer, and also because I was not very satisfied with my work on the hull. I will go back to work, because this model is superb.
soon, i will send some pics.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Philippe

Great news that, we have missed your posts on this and look forward to seeing her finished.

Sorry to put you on the spot mate, I just missed the up-dates and thought I would ask!

Give the printer a good old kick for use, making us wait :lol:

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Philippe,
You've got a fan club sitting here just waiting for more photos on your build, in case you didn't notice. :D
Hope you solve the printer problem and can favor us with more updates as soon as you can. I for one love seeing your work!
Take care,
Jim