Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso details

Hi

Not a lot done playing with the fiddley bits the ladders at the base and into one of the bridge houses, fixing the forward searchlight which has it's own platform not a light on a stick as I had built it.

The black and white picture is my first attempt at beefing up the binoculars it looked OK when I did it, but it seems oversize when photographed, trouble is there are not that many pictures of Fuso around so if anyone knows is it too big overall, did it look like a modern telephoto lens or what, trouble is, it really is in full view. sorry about the black and white pic but it looked even worse coloured.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso funnel

Hi All

A little more progress on Fuso ugly old thing really but she grows on you, building this bit as a seperate item.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso Searchlight platform

Hi

The funnel now weighs a ton there is so much metal on it, parts are not glued other than the funnel, again a bit to take time over. The weather is lousy the photos the same.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
And by the light of day, another gem is revealed! :D

Fun with Funnels! :lol:

Hi, Barry!

Fuso's looking great! Nice work on the stack and all those little pipelines up her side. Actually, the photos from the other day weren't bad either, but the latest are even better, mate.

Looking forward to the next update!

Cheers!

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Well done mate, very neat.
If you have this model you will know how hard these are to cut out.

Looks great, waiting for my next fix :lol:

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Funnel stays

Hi

Got one side of the funnel stay wires in place I will only fit the platforms when the other side is in place, there is not a lot of space otherwise. I am trying to do as much as possible without gluing the assembly to the hull.

barry

philippe

Feb 27, 2004
bretagne france
bravo

hello,
quel courage!
railling, it's a big job
for my Fuso, in the funnel platforms my choice was:
to use the parts with canvas, and, with a reverse printing on paper, the same, laminated on the back, to make a thing without withe place.
(sorry for the language, i was a poor english student..)
best regards,
philippe.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso progress

Jim

This one is to make up for the aircraft photos it gives the relative size of the funnel and tower. My camera lens can't really cope with the height of the tower and goes fisheyed.

Phillipe

Your English is a whole heap better then my French, I will probably live to regret the railings I have started.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso Funnel & searchlights

Hi

Back to the funnel (groan, groan) I negotiated with my grandson to borrow his plastic kit paints to do the railings and stays, added a few more and a couple of searchlights. Also added the smoke deflectors for the platforms. There are another couple of stays to go on the front and back of the funnel, the sirens and a catwalk.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Barry! :D

That is awesome, mate! Those plastic kit paints (were they Humbrol?) really worked well on the rails. I think you're tackling all the little details so very well. :D

She's really looking great; can't wait for the next update.

Cheers!
Jim