Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Leif

There are a few advantages in building ships over planes there are no compound curves and no way can I scale this one to 1/16 then again..........

barry

barry

Fuso top of the pole

Hi

Almost to the top of the pole some of the bridge side need tweaking back into position where I got the mast supports a bit tight. One of the rangefinders needs repositioning. Still a lot to add

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

It realy looks the part mate, fantastic photos to show off all the hard work
as well :shock:

The rest after this should be easy from now on :lol:

Take care

Rob

silverw

Hey Barry, looking great as usual.
I see you're having another sunny day. I sure hope you are wearing a reliable safety harness when working up on top there! :shock:

..later....Bill

barry

Fuso top range finder

Hi All

no doubt to everybodys relief I think this really is the top of the tower. There are a lot of bits to add but I am glad it looks reasonably vertical.

If I was starting this again I would build the small section of the deck 2 or 3 formers worth and build the bridges one by one and store them away only fitting them for checking until the last one had been built. That's a comment from Rob by the way. You live and learn I think I got away with
it.

According to my ruler it is about 19.5 cm tall above the waterline.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Ta DAH!! :lol:

Really, very impressive work, Barry!

That must be the tallest paper ship model out there....

I would imagine the storage problem with these big models is along the horizontal plane; with this one it seems you also have to consider the vertical plane. :D

Magnificent job, mate!

Looking forward to more. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

murban

Barry,

I am also following your build over on kartonbau.de and I must congratulate you for reaching the top. Good job!

I just wonder why this ship didn't topple over and what happened when the elevator was out of order.

And just imagine the movements of the topmost bridge in heavy sea! This must be the first ship with built-in self-stirring coffee available.

regards,
Michael

barry

Last suicide ? bridge

Hi

Well it did not rain for 10 minutes.

Michael and Jim

This last bridge looks like a suicide platform I would not have wanted to stand on it in harbour never mind at sea.

barry

jrts

Well done Barry

All the hard work has been well worth it, it looks fantastic.
It would make a good diving board :lol:
Keep at it

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

That's an outstanding tower, Barry! :D

I can't even imagine how those poor salts would have to climb to that top deck even in the best of weather. :shock: I wonder why they designed such a high tower? :? No doubt someone had to do some fancy stability calculations to ensure the ship would be stable at the expected sea states for the Pacific.

Keep at it, mate!

Jim

barry

Roman

Do you happen to have a photo of the finished tower structure by Reinhard Lachmann at all hr seems to have adde a lot of interesting bits.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Barry, I just took a look at the construction photos Roman has on his site:
http://www.digitalnavy.com/html/rlfuso.html

Sure are a lot of little pieces...and that's the unfinished tower? :roll:

I am still shaking my head after looking at the photo of the stack.... :shock:

Bless you, my friend, there's a little bit more to go. :D

Keep at it, mate, it's really coming along great!

Cheers!

Jim

DN

All the pictures of Reinhard's ship I have are on my site. But I can ask him if he has some more.

Ajax

Absolutely fantastic work on the Fuso, barry! The pagoda tower turned out just brilliant! :shock:

Thanks for the photos and keep 'em coming! :lol:

AJ

barry

Fuso Main tower

Hi

Added the gun tubs for the flak cannon and the forward range finders (yes they are different heights by design) I think I swapped them around by mistake eyesight not so good these days have to get some of Jims things.

Maurice

Thanks for the reminder about that site I keep losing the track of it feel free to borrow the thread anytime.

Ajax

Thanks for the kind words

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Outstanding, Barry! :D

Never seems to be enough photos of your build, mate. When the sun shines again, a few more would be just great for us junkies! :lol:

Cheers!

Jim

barry

fuso last range finders

Hi All

No it ain't finished still needs a lot of rails, ladders and 6 telescopes and 2 more searchlights. I decided to try and beef up the top telescopes because they will be in full view have to see if it works. I wish the camera did not show so many errors.

barry