Digital Navy Fuso

Jim Krauzlis

This is great work, Barry!

Glad you had a bit of sunshine because we are all blessed with some superb photos. :D

Looking forward to more!

Jim

jrts

Hi Barry

Great photos, shows her off very well.
The old rain dance worked here its chucking it down, build time :lol:

Very sound work mate keep at it

Regards

Rob

barry

Fuso lower mast legs

Hi

Couldn't resist posting these, no glue straight down the holes and there you go, no glue and all the funny shapes straighten automatically. Really good design there Roman.

Now I can take it to bits and add in the detail bits on the bridges that will be closed up

Rob

Dustbin lid must have worked it's doing the same here hence the doorway shots.

barry

Fuso's bridge

Hi

This is probably very silly but I decided to try putting railings on to the companionways had to get far too close to make them stand out, but they do not look that bad from a distance.

Worth a try can only get better

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

Good idea mate to do the raillings now as getting your fingers in later on that tower :shock:
Looking good as always :D

Its never off topic to get the kids going on this card lark, after all someone has to keep it going when we are all fitted with wooden overcoats :lol:
What better reason to get some build time in " Iam only playing with the kids love" :lol:

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

That's some pretty close-in work, Barry!

I don't even want to think how you would get that done after the tower was done; best done as you go along as you are doing...and doing so very well! :D

That's a nice build by your Grandson! Super idea, and looks like he did a smashing job of it too...first time card modeler?? Looks a thousand times better than my first model! :eek:ops:

Great work! Keep at it Barry!

Jim

barry

Fuso bridges

Hi

Keep on adding these things The top unglued one is where the real fun starts because the the rear legs of the structure should pull the back into shape, the tabs on the first bridge (the ones that look drunk) tie into the legs as they go past.

Before I can glue the upper platform Fuso requires about 16 more small binoncular pedestals and bearing dials on the previous platform and then a whole host of large range finders above.

Great fun though

barry

busyguy

Wow

That's really impressive! But you're scaring me with all this talk of all the little fiddly bits that you need to put in, just so you can go to the NEXT level up!
:cry:

You know, whenever I see one of these pagoda style bridges, I just have to wonder about the real ones, and feel kind of sorry for the crew that had to go up and down in them. That's a LONG climb!

barry

Busyguy

You could always use the ends of cocktail sticks they would almost be the same, but then you would have to paint them. No I'll stick to paper so as to speak

barry

philippe

bonjour Barry,

in building the Fuso main tower, dont forget to glue the binoculars, the range finders, etc, on each floor, it's harder after!!
good work...

philippe

jrts

Hi Barry

And why not mate a change is as good as a rest, plus Phillipe has a dam good point with regards to all the small bits.
Phillipe I hope you can give us some more of his tips for this model :roll:

Looking great

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Boy oh boy, Barry, what have we gotten ourselves into? :lol:

Fear not, my friend, I just know you will do magic with Fuso just like you did with Savage and your earlier 1:400 scale warships! :D

Besides, isn't that why we do what we do? At least for me, I get more enjoyment from the process of building the model, making all those little assemblies and tackling all those difficulties that spring up, rather than the finished model.

Looking forward to more photos...are you having a sunny spell this week? :D

Cheers!
Jim

barry

Fuso yet another bridge

Hi

A bit more added to the next bridge it all seems to fit well still found the forward bridge house was a bit tricky to cut the windows out but large smearidgs of glue on the back seemed to work even where I missed and cut through the frame.

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

Looking great, this must be a nightmare with your hands all the small bit that go into it.
Better each day mate , more when you can :roll:

Regards

Rob

barry

Fuso only 7 more to go

Hi All

Took me all day to do this one still have not decided whether to glue the top one down now or add all the canvas side pieces first. It'chucking it down with rain now and tomorrow. I see the top director lense has gone drunk out with the glue pot.

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

When you think the guys manning this ship must got vertigo every time they went on duty :lol:

It looks the part mate, well worth the time spent on it 8)

keep at it only one or two more to go!!!!

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Stacking up well, Barry! :D

I dread the thought of some poor bloke who would have to go up and down to get the Admiral's tea! Don't imagine they had an elevator for the trip. :lol:

You mean there's still two more levels to add to this tower? :shock:

I guess the broad beam and length helped to offset that height stability-wise, but the poor fellows in the upper area must have been tossed a bit in a storm.

Quite a build, Barry! Looking forward to more photos! :D

Cheers!
Jim