Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Fuso bridge

Hi

This a bit like a wedding cake first layer is now clued to the main deck and the rear half of the second is also glued in place, again it's a slow job but worth it. Looks a bit weird because the back of this bridge is a truncated triangle (which I am sure has a proper mathematical name) so the ends are leaning in to the mast. The bridge are 3 ply laminates. of standard card.

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

The bows came out great :D

Watching this bit with great intrest for when I get round to building her.
Looking great as always, keep the photos coming mate :roll:

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Great job finishing Fuso's hull, Barry. Watching the pagoda tower go up is going to be very interesting! :D

AJ

Jim Krauzlis

Joy to you, dear Barry! Another sunny day! More photos for us! :lol:

Never realized how beamy this ship was, at least it appears that way from the overhead views, and big! :shock:

Very much looking forward to seeing more photos as you stack the deck houses on that pole, and add some of the gunnary. :D

Cheers!
Jim

barry

Fuso saga of the bridge

Hi

One more layer of the wedding cake this one is tricky.

I have found the easiest way to build the platforms is to glue all the walls to the roof of the part, then glue tabs to the deck below to locate where the part will fit then push it down the pole until all the tabs are inside the structure. Check the fit then lift the walls halfway up the tab glue the tabs then use fingers toothpicks (brute force and ignorance) to get everything finally lined up. Then sit and keep checking it is still in place until the glue dries.

Now I have to build the ladders to fit this bridge.

Jim

You are it is beamy that's why I have not put back a couple of the casement guns gives my finger some where to go.

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

You have made a dam hard job look easy mate.
looks good tome :D

Look forward to seeing how you go with the ladders

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Super job, Barry!
She's emerging very nicely up that pole support.
What, two down and how many more decks to go? :wink:

Great photos too! Thanks!

Jim

barry

Fuso bridges

Hi All

Carried on too long last night and in the cold light of day and the all seeing camera the long steps will have to come off and be reglued and the treads sorting.

DN

Have you any idea of the spacing between the stanchions on the deck rails please, you were kind enough to send me details of the stanchions but I can't find the spacing dimension. Thank you.

barry

jrts

Hi barry

The spacing for the stanchions I think is 8mm centres. Taken from a scale drawing I have.
I would wait for Roman to confirm this but I checked three drawings and they came the same!!

Hope this helps

Regards

Rob

DN

The railing stanchions spacing is not spelled out anywhere in the Skulski's book so we need to somehow scale it from the drawings. It looks to me as if 8mm to 10mm spacing will be OK.

barry

Fuso Armored tower

Hi

DN

Thank you very much for looking.

Fuso looks like she has something like a bridge at last. The eliptical (sort of) amoured bridge has to fit so many edges that I found I could not fit the interior former easily and guarantee the fit so I left the former until the last by sticking my finger down the elipse I found I could manipulate it reasonably easily into place without leaving white bits everywhere, the fit is precise (or at least it was when Roman drew it, you can judge for yourselves if I succeeded). I then glued the back of the former inside the top edge of the bridge and let it dry alittle then gently levered it into place. After that the roof fitted fine. The upper bridge is still dry fitted.

Note DN a centre line would be nice on the 2 formers.

The photo came out pretty near the ship's colour so I thought I would post it because we are due another storm tomorrow.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

I certainly appreciate the photo, Barry. :D

Her bridge structure is progressing very well, and you have certainly constructed that complex build very well indeed!

Guess we'll just have to wait until there is a break in the weather for some more photos, huh? :D

Keep at her Barry, she's looking great!

Jim

barry

Fuso tower cont

Hi All

Another deck added, from here on everything will have to be a dry run to check the fitting of the mast legs.

I put Fuso next to Takao to give a better view of the relative size.

New way to influence the weather say it's going to be rubbish on cardmodels the storm is delayed and the sun was too bright for my camera.

barry

jrts

Hi Barry

Looking better and better all the time.

As for the weather I hoped it would chuck it down today so I could get some build time in, but no out came the sun and the wifes toilet roll with the list of jobs to be done :cry:

So while doing the outside jobs I spent as much time as I could just laminating card up to 1mm and 2mm for the next builds :lol:

keep at it Barry she is coming together well

Regards

Rob

jrts

Barry

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees :D :D :D :D

Been doing a rain dance all day :lol:
Iam getting the DT's from the lack of building

Rob

barry

Fuso even more bridge bits

Hi

I must admit this structure totally fascinates me as it slowly emerges from all the bits, you get some very strange shapes where the mast pops through I guess sometime this weekend I will know if my build is accurate enough so far. :?:

Rob

It's still not raining here yet go back outside and try again with the dance possibly you should try a dustbin lid on your head to ward off lighting strikes. :lol: :idea:

I put two coats of pva glue on the back of the bridge windows certainly helps the cutting. :lol:

as I wrote before most of it is unglued until the masts go in.

barry