Digital Navy Fuso

jrts

Hi Barry

Looks fantastic mate.

With the blast bags I used lazer paper as Jim said, the reason I used this was that my fingers not being so good I kept ripping the light stuff.
I also found that if you crumple the paper realy well its just as pliable as bog roll.

Keep up the great work

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

"bog roll"? :lol:

That's a new one for me. :D

Great job on the turret details, Barry! :D

With each update Fuso is looking better and better...which is amazing considering I thought she looked fantastic before the details you just added.

Thanks for the update photos, mate!

Cheers!

Jim

silverw

hEY bARRY

This is a "WONDERMENT" :eek:ops:

I have been thinking about blast bags for my DREADNOUGHT, and have been thinking about KLeenex or bathroom tissue. I haven't tried anything yet ,. what do you think???

PS Give ya a 10/10 on the photos :D

Maurice

Bill

Whatever the material :roll: , I think Roman's idea to first attach it to the inside of the gun house is brilliant. (although Barry may not want to know that at this stage :( )
Would even work for those awful saggy baggies the RN often went in for.

Barry

Great pics., great build.

Cheers
Maurice

DN

Maurice is right - it is essential, from my point of view, to attach the "rough" blast bag from the inside of the turret front plate. The main problem I was facing was to get smooth and precise line of the bag at the front plate of the turret.
When everything is assembled I soak the tissue with diluted white glue and “form" it to the final shape.

barry

Hi All

Thanks for all the help fellas

Bill

The superior type "bog roll" is great not the stuff with "Supplied by the management " printed on it.

Maurice

Never mind I can always build another gun to see how much better it looks.

ps Wisley still looks the same except for a few improvements in the amenities

DN

Thanks for the tips

Jim

It's no good asking for toilet rolls "up North" mate

regards

barry

barry

Integrated funnel

Hi

Finally had to glue the funnel down tonight added some of the bits to integrate it into the deck furniture. Means adding another couple of steam pipes in. Got to buy some acrylic paints because the flash always cuts through the watercolour.

barry

DN

Barry, just keep your shipyard running and don't worry too much about those white spots (I know, it seems like there are gazillions of them to fill :twisted: . It's coming out great and you are almost there.

jrts

Hi Barry

Great work mate, a fine addition to your fleet.
The only worry you have is to keep us happy with more photos :lol: :lol:

Look forward to the next set

Rob

barry

Thanks DN and Rob

The real worry is finishing her I will have done the two ships I drooled most over, then comes the question having been thoroughly spoilt by the design it is going to be a hard act to follow.

It's not a worry yet I still have all the railings to do on Fuso and Takao as well or just maybe I can build a 1940's version of Takao like Rob and Yamato.

barry

garyj36

Get a hold of a fly USS California , as it took part in sinking her. Personally I'd like to see Roman sell upgrades for this to different fits or maybe a fuso conversion.

barry

Well hopefully by the time I finish Fuso Gremir will have brought another destroyer so all is not lost. In the meantime I have Alaska, Bursa, Radomka, Akitsushimi, Exeter and Warspite to build plus several planes from DeWayne so I shall not lack kits to build.

barry

shoki2000

barry said:
Well hopefully by the time I finish Fuso Gremir will have brought another destroyer so all is not lost.barry
Barry,

There is Saumarez and Glowworm is almost ready ;-)
Next year however will be VERY interesting 8)

Jim Krauzlis

Good stuff, mate! :D

Not to worry after finishing her, it seems, since you've got a bit of a fleet to work on. :lol:

We all enjoy the updates and, like Rob said, just favor us with a few more photos when you can. :wink:

Super job!

Cheers!

Jim

silverw

Hey, Barry.... great looking stuff you're showin us here.
I"ve just got about a week left on the "ARROW", ... then it's time to blow the dust off my boat. I'll know where to come to get HELP!!!

tino

Your Fuso is simple great... I don´t know what to say it is a so amazing ship and an amazing builder...