Digital Navy Fuso

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Aft Tower

Hi

Just a view of the underside of the aft tower it also shows the additional former at the base. If I had not put it in I doubt I could have done the radius properly at the rear.

Keeps you going Jim.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso Main turrets

Hi

Yet another pic all the main guns are half completed they need the range finders and vents of course.

By some fluke you can actually see the anchor chain in the last picture.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso forward range finder

Hi

Finally finished one of the range finders on the turrets. The real reason for these pics is to show how close fitting everything was in real life on this ship.

The range finder is a complex shape to allow it to rotate under the flak platform. Strange it is not exactly a small ship.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Gun turrets

Hi

I've been playing with the blast bags on the main turrets I think I have got the size about right but the paper I used is too stiff so it's cast around for some thinner stuff.

All the range finders are fitted now and one set of ventilators progress is a bit slow. I did not line the parts up very well but a least they are not glued down.

Jim

Hope this cures the shakes mate

Off to look at Rob's bags on Yamato

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Ahhhhhh!
Thanks, mate, I needed that! :lol:

The blast bags look pretty darn good, Barry...don't see the problem. :?

Great idea, Gary!

Rob uses ink jet paper, crumples it to make it pliable, and it seems to work great. I wonder if tissue paper might work, but it might be too flimsy to work with...I'm thinking of the stiffer stuff used in wrapping shirts, etc. Easy does it is probably the way to go, though, our it will most likely shred the paper into an unusable mess. I would try it on a test piece first to get the idea of what it can take glue and brush wise before putting it on one of your beautiful guns. Of course if it doesn't work, it was some one else's idea, okay? :lol:

Cheers!

Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Eh, Roman...did you mean pliable? :lol:

Actually, toilet paper aka "piano roll paper" is recommended in a lot of the older Polish kits for the blast bags. I imagine it would work well if you take care. Good one, Roman...I forgot about that.

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Toilet Paper Blast bags

Hmmm Toilet paper blast bags wonder what he meant by that

Anyway seems to work could not resist trying that idea

Thanks Roman

It's allright Jim they are not glued yet

barry

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Did I just say something inappropriate :?: My spell check didn't sound an alarm :evil:
Barry, that's what I do with piano roll paper:
46-3b.jpg

46-4b.jpg

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Roman,
Well, I suppose playable is a word, but the way you used it...no, I don't think I'll go there. :twisted:

Actually, Roman, the way you used the piano paper roll, it does look pretty good! Have you tried to coat them with acrylic or white glue to make them a bit more rigid?

Tell you what, Barry, those blast bags look really good. :D I imagine you'll find it easier to shape them the way you want as well.

Learning a lot, guys! Thanks! :D

Cheers!

Jim

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Your Fuso is simply outstanding, barry! The turrets turned out superbly well and the old battlewagon looks great in every single shot!

AJ

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso turrets

I keep thinking I've done all the cardboard bits for Fuso then I realise again how much small detail Roman has put into them and multiplied by 6 turrets it takes a bit of time.

I always thought I had missed a bit off Takao and it was the "horns on the range finders, still I can always go back and add them in.

Turret B now seems to have all the ventilators etc and I managed a passable ladder up between the guns only 5 more to do and the blast bags.

barry

ps No Roman you did not put a foot wrong just me being daft