Digital Navy - Large Ship Model Competition

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Ron, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Ron

Ron Member

Hi everyone :)

Digital Navy and are very pleased to announce the first
    'Large Ship Model' competition.

The Prize

The awarded prize will be the very first public release of Roman's (Digital Navy) newly revised and designed 1:250 USS Arizona. This, I'm sure, will be a masterpiece in ship model design. Roman is famous for his meticulous attention to detal and accuracy. His fantastic ship and aircraft models would easily grace the display cabinets of any musem.. Have a look at the Digital Navy site and see for yourself.

The Time Frame

Here's the catch :) The USS Arizona is on the design table as we speak.
    Roman has given a rough completion time of aproximately 4 months. All
    models to be entered into the competition should be in by December 31, 2004. If the ship remains in design after that date, the competition will be extended. When the completion of the Arizona is announced, no more entries will be permitted.

The Rules

1. The models submitted must be 1:250 scale or larger.
    2. No more than 1 entry per person
    3. Any ship is welcome... Sailing, Commercial shipping, Warships... Anything that floats and moves on the water by whatever means.
    4. Extra addons are welcome such as photo etched parts etc.
    5. 6 Pictures maximum per entry.

The Judging

Details on the judging of the Large Shipmodel Competition will be announced soon.

How to Enter

There are two forums. ' Large Ship Model Competition Entries' and 'Large Ship Model Competion As-builts'

Post your entries in the 'Competition Entries' forum. You must be a registered member to post.. Start a new topic with your name and model entry. An example of this would be
    Ron Burns : Digital Navy 1:250 IJN Yamato
    The only things required in you post are the pictures of your entry

The As-built forum is there for you guys to share your model building experiences with everyone else in regard to 'your' model entry. Post pics, tips articles or whatever you want pertaining to your model. This forum is not mandatory nor will your posting there reflect on the outcome of any judging

That's it!!
    The rules might change a bit within the next few days as it's still being discussed on-site here but for the most part, this is it
  2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Large ship model contest

About the contest, does this only include kits ie fly maly gpm etc or does it include scratchbuilts?
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

scratchbuilt paper would be my guess

4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

this comptision is over? or still in progres?
  5. DN

DN Member

We are in the process of choosing the winner (winners 8)).
  6. andrewthewise

andrewthewise Member

Hi everyone,

If the conest has not closed... I will be able to post some completed photos of my IJN Fuso on Tuesday (monday EST)...

I have finished the model - just my sister has taken my digital camera with her...

7. DN

DN Member

Harry up :D
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

well i gos so i am out of this 1

but in the next 1 for sure i am in

i just got my 2 firs models ships
    the uss gamiber bay from hlinsky
    and the yamato halinsky
    (if som one want to exceng somthing for the yamto please contact me its looks to difecolt to my skils)