Digital Navy A question I need answer on PLEASE

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Fisher, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Hi Mates and friends,

A little question on DN`s CDs of their models before I decide which to purchase.

My question is simple, what format of card size re:- printer, do I need to have, as, I only have an A4 szie of printer, and, if I need an A3 type, then, I would be wasting time and monies ordering said models from DN.

I have looked till im boss-eyed but, alas, cannot see any mention as to what size of card, (A3 or A4 ) is needed for their wonderfull creations, guess the answer is there, but, I just plain missed it!!!.

So understanding the above as im sure you will all do so, and understand my want on this, I await your kind and helpfull answers as all ways.

Many gratefull thanks and regards to on and all............

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I've got DN P-26 Peashooter and the FW-190............. both fit american std letter paper 8.5 x 11 inches

But when I go in Adobe to print it says the document is 10.2 x 7.5 inches.

Hope this is a help!

Oh........ both are really great models!
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Tom, I know they are meant to be printed on A4 or letter sized card. I met Roman at one of the model conventions and he recommended the card stock from staples, that comes with the purple label, which I think was @67 lb. and was letter sized. All Digital Navys kits are excellant well fitting models, there are a few primer/free models on the site to get used to the style of building that is required for Roman's kits.
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Ships also are laid out on A4/letter size compatible sheets
  5. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Cheers to all,
    We in UK tend to just have A4 or 3 or 2 etc, and the card I tend to use is from a company called PARTNERS, card stock comes in 50 and 150 packs, 80 160 200 250grm, the 200 is about he same thickness and the main card in GPM kits btw!!.

I guess I can fiddle from A4 to US letter and see what happens, hopefully, they will be the same, I say this because some things, size wise tend not to alter???!!.

Anyways, that sorts out my question so, many thanks to you all and my regards to you all and yours.........

PS.........It won`t be till my A/C carrier is built!!!!!!!..............
  6. barry

barry Active Member

Just use A4 but do NOT allow the printer to resize the pdf files works fine no trouble at all print it and get cutting fit is excellent just take your time. Use 0.8 to 1 mm for backing sheets and do not be tempted to use anything thicker.

ps 0.8 is cornflake packet + 200 gsm card.
  7. Darwin

Darwin Member

Tom, the only thing I have to add to the replys you've already gotten is to activate the "minimize margins" toggle in your printer settings. A4 is a bit narrower than letter, and the default margin setting on your printer could clip off a bit of the image sides. You will be ok with an A4 printer.
  8. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Darwin & barry,

Many thanks and will do, tho` im thinking HIJN ZaiKaKu is going to take a little time to finnish, by then, I will of made up my mind as to which D.N. model to swell my slipways!!!!!............

Regards and best to you and yours my friends...........

9. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

Roman fits the contents of his sheets within the margins of both A4 and letter size paper. So it doesn't matter which size you use.

BTW, I don't think the question should be *which* of his models to buy - it's more like which do you buy *first* ;)