Digital Model Specification; Request for Comments

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by wunwinglow, Jul 10, 2004.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I wondered if it might be useful to work up a Digital Model Specification, a reference document for designers to consider when they prepare a digital model design. I thought such things as print areas, scale bars, centre marks, text sizes, maybe a common set of instruction icons, and so on, could be recommended. This way, we could perhaps begin to eliminate all those annoyances,such as A4 or Letter format, that seem to crop up with digital model files.

Any comments, suggestions for items included or anything else, let me know.

Tim P
  2. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

hi tim,

a very good idea. sometimes I have a lot of troubles to get a 100% printout on my printer. it would be nice, if designers will not use the paper until it's outer limits (better to use not all of the paper and need only one printout :roll: )

greetings from austria
  3. Roman at Digital Navy seems to have addressed this issue quite nicely. Everything in his kits seems to print on both a4 and US letter with no problem. How about a bounding box 190mm x 270mm that all the parts have to fit in? I would think that woulsd leave enough room. And set the sheets up so that the corners of the box get printed so as to provide a reference to see if you are getting 100% out of your printer. Additional scale or reference ines would be nice too.
  4. jcangero

jcangero New Member

I use something like this for US Letter 8.5 in x 11.0 in....