Digital Camera Poll

Jim T

I'm really enjoying looking at all the Model Railroad pictures that folks have posted on the various forums. It has occured to me that it would really be nice to know what digital camera was used to take what pictures. Also what image editor may have been used. If someone is camera or image editor shopping or wanting to upgrade there is nothing like seeing the end results to help make a decision, plus having someone available to answer questions about a particular camera or editor.

That said I'll get the ball rolling as say that I'm using a newly purchased Fugi FinePix 2650 for the few pictures I've posted and am using MS Picture-it (basic) that came with my computer mostly just to resize the pictures for posting.

Cheers, Jim

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Jim,
Olympus C700 Ultra zoom & Paintshop Pro7

Shamus
waver.gif

RaiderCTE

Sony DCS S75. MGI Photo Suite that came with the camera. Will be looking to see if I can find a another program so this poll will help.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Don't actually own one, but have ahd good luck with a variety of Olympus products. The pictures I posted today were taken with an Olympus D-510 zoom. If I had to edit them, I would use MS Photo Editor, because it comes on my computer at no extra charge...

Also used a Sony (model unknown) that took a standard 3 1/2" disk for storage. That was handy - no cables, no adapters, just stick the disk in the computer drive, and you're ready to go.

Andrew

jon-monon

You don't want to know about the digital cam I've been using, and your not asking for input on the 35 mm, but you might be interested in The Gimp originally a Linux program, but now available For MS Windows. The Gimp does everthing you can immagine and more. It takes getting used to because it's alittle different, but it's free and powerful. I use both Linux and Windows versions for all my photo editing and drawing needs, except for when I do CAD type drawing.

Example...

Attachments

• me-n-shamussm.jpg
    me-n-shamussm.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 351

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I have just got a Fuji Finepix 3800 and am learning how to use it.
I have used MGI photo suite for a long time now and really find it easy to use. Will check out Jon's Gimp as it sounds interesting.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
All my Digital Pics before October 2002 were with the Sony Mavica CD300

After Oct 2002 I bought the CD-400 4 Megapix.

I use MGI Photosuite to crop, but if I want special effects, I use Photoshop 5.

Olympus C-960 Zoom which I always forget to set to "tungsten light" before taking a pic of my layout.
Editing is done with Paintshop Pro 7 and recently also with Adobe Elements 2.

Errol

Vic

I use a Sony MCV FD 75...that's one that uses floppy disk storage...10X optical zoom. Its a bit slow under certain conditions so I use a tripod for model pics...but its put to use for eBay and some work use too. I use MGI PhotSuite and am trying to learn PaintShop Pro 7.

I learned a little trick on how to "fool" the auto focus on this camera so if anyone wants to know how drop me a PM.

aartwmich

:D :D :D :D :D :D JON-MONON ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thats HILARIOUS!!! What ever software Jon is using hes very good at it. teeheeheehee lol

I have a Nikon coolpix950, love the macro mode. I use Paintshop pro 6 and adobe photoshop6

Ben H

I jumped in more than a year ago and bought the HP Photsmart 315 it's Ok but can't really give the results needed. Therefore I watch and wait for the Olympus 720 or 730.

On the software side Paint-shop 6 and Adobe Photoshop 4

ezdays

Out AZ way
Specs

I'm kinda interested in the specs on some of these cameras, like resolution, density optical zoom and macro mode stuff.

For example, I'm using a Vivitar 3665 with 2.1 megapixles, 1600 x 1200 max. resolution, 3X optical zoom and have a macro mode.

So far I cannot match anything I've seen on this forum for close-in shots. It's probably not the camera, so like everything else, I've got a lot to learn photographic-wise as well.:rolleyes:

Any tips would be appreciated.

Don

Digital Cameras

Ok guys. Just to add to the mix, I am currently using a Nikon D100, which has lots of "pro" features that I may never use; but it has interchangeable lenses and other 35mm features.

It is actually my fifth digital camera. I started several years ago with one of the first Sony Mavicas, then went to an Olympus (I think), mainly because of size. Next was a Leica (even smaller) and then I saw a Fuji that was exactly the same thing with a different label. I decided that small size wasn't giving me what I wanted (mainly speed, for taking action photos), so I went to a Fuji FinePix 6900. It served me well, but last Summer the zoom stopped zooming, except when it wanted to, and the Fuji people say it will cost more to fix than it's worth. While it was "in hospital", I went for the Nikon, and am very happy with it.

I suppose that someday I should try posting a picture here. I have Photoshop, but haven't learned how to use it yet; and I'm not really sure how to go about posting a picture here. I know it's been explained a number of times, and I can probably go back and look it up.

One of these days..........