Diesel - I love them!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I bought my first Diesel today when I drove by Jims Train Shop in Homer City.http://www.jimstrainshop.com/xcart/customer/home.php

A trip to Jims is great even when you don't buy anything. This is my first DIESEL that I have ever owned. It is a MTH SD-9 "Pennsylvania rail Road"

I now love the power of two percision flywheel motors along with two powerful fan enhanced smoke stacks. I think my line up of steamers may be in trouble. :)

This engine has tons of power and if you want it can crawl slower than a turtle. There is just a ton of value in this $250 SD-9 Diesel. Now I want the unpowered unit and another Diesel or two or three or !!!!!!!!!! :)

The big O 3 rail train line is growing.
  2. Geno

Geno Member

Welcome to the club- it's not hard to buy diesels, especially when you see them every day.
    While the PRR is history, itls descendants are still here. I'm not sure about CSX or NS, but BNSF still runs SD-9's.

Did you get the PS-2 version?

3. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Even thou I really love Steam Engines, I do like my PF40 CSX engine (by MTH). I would get a second powered engine and then you could lash them up!

4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:) I'm going to need another 100 feet of track if this keeps up. :)
  5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

The hobby imitates life! :) Sounds like a great loco!
  6. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Isn't this sweet~! :)

Attached Files:

7. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Yes those MTH SD9's are sweet engines. I picked up the SP blackwidow paint scheme.

8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

I like F3's myself:D