Did my post get deleted?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by GyverX, Jul 1, 2004.

1. GyverX

GyverX Member

I had a post about an E-zine, Did it get deleted?
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

yes it did
  3. GyverX

GyverX Member

THats it? "Yes it did"
    No explanation no nothing!
    Was there some in the post that was offenssive?
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

no there was nothing offensive in the post.

the post was too similar to some of the earlier ones posted before you joined, and we wanted to cut down on tempers and the like

5. Ron

Ron Member

Please don't take any offense to this. I deleted both threads. The reason
    for this is that I want to keep this board on track with what we are currently doing. The E-zine idea is not a new one and it is being handled exceptionally well by Saul, Bill and DeWayne. It's like Rick had said, it's like re-inventing the wheel. The magazine exists, has a very large following and will continue to exist. Saul, hope you're getting well :)

I built this site up from nothing over the last 2 years. If it wasn't for the determination of the members here and my very good friend and acomplice Rick, it wouldn't exist today with the following we now have.

I like the way the site is going :) I don't want to change things. I don't see myself in any form of competition with plastic and I don't see this hobby as being at the bottom of the food chain. It's like Soccer. For the entire planet other than the US and Canada, it's called Football. N.American football is a minority when it comes to sports. The same goes for paper modeling. The rest of the planet sees this hobby as a very legitimate one.
    When I say promote it I mean to N. Americans. It doesn't need promoting anywhere else, it needs support.

About the empty space...New designers, new vendors or established ones without a web presence need a hand up. I asked for ideas directly related
    to the options I presented in that poll. As you probably saw, when people are given choices, they want more choices and are not content with the ones presented. Where do any of the suggestions directly tie in with poll?

About the link back images... I'm always happy to be linked too but I really have much bigger fish to fry that making images at this point in time. It's weird..no advertising...and we still rank #1 in a google search for cardmodels. About the traffic? We blew through 5 gigabytes of bandwidth in less than a week just before we changed hosting. The stats for this site will leave you in awe, especially for a hobby that is at the bottom of the food chain.

Modeling to me is building neat stuff, making friends, keeping friends, learning, teaching and most of all fellowship. Offering a hand to anyone in need is something I like to do. Thats what the poll was about

Now back to the basics....

Is there anyone here that designs or sells models that requires a web presence? The space is available and I would be more than willing to help with the layout. It will be shared space with other designers and vendors
    and will give people a chance to see what you have to offer.

All the best

6. Renaud

Renaud Member

For French people and other aliens, that is the rest of the world, can you explain in a clear way what happens? Is there something wrong in this realm?
  7. Ron

Ron Member

Bonjour Renaud :)

There is nothing wrong. I made a post saying that I would like to offer
    web space to new designers or people that sell models for free. It is the old space where this site used to be. It is now empty with 500mb of space
    and 5 gigabytes of bandwidth every month. For some reason, the idea got changed around and went completely off topic.

All is well in this realm!