Did anyone notice?

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Must have been you young pups as that is just after midnight central time and I was in my "visions of sugarplums" mode:D

That really is a strange time to have so many on as most of us seem to be from the US and at least a few of us are tucked in for the night by that hour.

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
WOW

Someone should have yelled across the Pacific! And woke me up!:) (or got me home from the pub.... one or the other!) :D

I've noticed that too, lately, that there are more online at the same time that usual, over the last two weeks or so. Must be a gov't conspiracy or something they put in the water supply perhaps! :p

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Come on Woodie, the only water you have to worry about is that what they put in the VB:D :D

I have seen Swan here, but never Emu. Just watch "Quigley Down Under" for about the 14th time. I bet they could have used a cool one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Quigley? Seen it once many many years ago. Can't really remember it, but good scenic filmwork from what I can recall.

The area I live in Sydney is very popular for TV and movie location shooting. The pub they made Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at, is just up the end of the street. Other movies shot around here are Billie's Holiday, Muriel's Wedding, and Strictly Ballroom. Fox studios is about 5 kms away, where they made Moulin Rouge, and curenlty, The Matrix II, and the new Star Wars movies are being made there too.

With a lot of Oz movies (outback stuff) you will recognise the same location for most of them. It is at a place called Silverton (bout 25kms out of Broken Hill). The only thing there is a pub!
CD210871.JPG

The plains beyond Silverton.
This piece of road has been used in many movies. Not sure if Quigley was made there or not.

However, Silverton does have it's own railroad.
Silverton_33_30_BrokenHill.jpg

For the Silverton Railway, Click Here

and here

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Hey, Woodie, we're in sync! :)

Great photos. I love that sky! That paint scheme on those locos is very interesting...I really like it. I've been thinking about a paint scheme for my undecorated SD80MAC...

-Rory