dice tower help!!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by allhallowseve, Feb 4, 2007.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

if anyone has build this please let me know ??
    Last night i sady discover that there are piece's that are not fiting right no matter how a print them out :(

i 'am haveing trouble with the middle floor parts
    b1 and b2 print out differt sizes with cause the walls in the middle part not to fit right :(

Is there a way to fix this ?? i done with top and basement i hate not being able to finsh this

help anyone !!!

2. Claudio

Claudio Member

Hi allhallowseve,

let me understand better. b1 and b2 are basement parts. Did you complete the basement? Do b1 fit b2? Do you have a picture of your basement? Maybe you folded b1 in a wrong way....

After that we will see how to join the floor to the basement.

3. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Ok my camara not that great but this mite show what going on

b2 over hangs over the basment walls

b1 seem to be to small which you can that the stair don't fix

the walls also hang over b1

i try printing them a couple of time with the same problum

hopeful they a way to fix this ??

Attached Files:

4. Claudio

Claudio Member

Yes, there's a way to fix it: change your camera!:grin: :grin:

No no, I was joking.... change your printer!:grin: :grin:

okay, I'm serious now:

undoubtly it is a print problem; so or the basement is too large or the joint part is too little.

Take a rule: the b2 part is a square of 4,15 inch and the two holes are squares of 1 inch; in the same way the b1 part has got the longer outline 4,15 inch long.

Your printer software probably resize the sheet. Try to force the printer to print outside the printable borders. Otherwise import the pdf file into a graph software (like Gimp), cut out only the pieces to be printed and then print by Gimp itself.

Let me know your progress, this Tower must be erected!

5. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Oh no my Tower has Erectidisfunction NO NO NO !!!!! :(
  6. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

it live it live !! i was able to beat the printer down til it got it right i have't glue any thing yet just test fits but it all look good :)
    i'll post a pic when it done

thanks for the help :)
  7. Claudio

Claudio Member

You are welcome.

I'm curious to see the final picture.
  8. RacerX

RacerX Member

I am building this tower as well and hit some issues with size. Turns out that my printer (an Epson Stylus cx4200) would slightly change the size of a printout when I had it set to borderless printing, even when I had it set to print to 100% and not fit or scale or anything.
  9. Claudio

Claudio Member

Surely the conflict remains between the pdf file and your printer.
    I suggest you to import the file into a graphic editor (like Gimp), cut out only the image you need to print, print without fit.

10. RacerX

RacerX Member

Oh, yeah, its definitly the driver. It was only an Issue until I noticed it, now i just either print the whole model one way (borderless) or the other. I just thought i would post the fact incase anyone else had the same issue and did a search with keywords epson cx4200 :)
  11. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

In the end i had to cut part's down to size to make the them fit just by eyeing them up .. just before glueing anything do a dry fit run... then you'll know
    don't do what i did with top .... glue it on and didn't see that i had overhang in the back the look just wrong :(

I had to reprint most the top to fix the problum :(

but in the end it all work out