DH 89 Dragon Rapide

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by TLyttle, Nov 7, 2007.

1. TLyttle

TLyttle New Member

Digging through some old stuff, and I found a card model purchased at the Science Museum in London. Designer was Geoffrey Stinton...

Is this unusual, or rare? I ain't good at this wonderful hobby, and I would hate to wreck this model if it has value to others!

Any suggestions?
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

It may be a Hooton Model, which is still being sold via their site on the net.
  3. Willy G

Willy G New Member

Interesting finding!

Hi fellows,

A friend of mine was just asking for such a model, can you please provide more information to be able to order a kit.

Do you have any pictures of the cover?

What is the scale?

4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Hooton AirCraft,scalemodel airplanes,card models,classic airplanes,aviation museums,shuttleworth collection, RAF museum,liverpool,Hooton

Interesting - I had never run across them before - looks like a little pricey but they seem to have a big selection of models.
  5. Willy G

Willy G New Member

Very expensive!

Thanks DANSLS1,

I did run into that web site when searching. They are beautiful exquisite models but inded very expensive, obviously since they are made to museum exhibits quality.

But Thanks for the fast answer!

And now back to modeling.

6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Papermodels.net has a 1/24 scale Dragon Rapide manufactured by JFS, but is is expensive also - $24.95 US.

BTW, did you design/sell the paper hotrods in the past? Your name seems familiar.
  7. TLyttle

TLyttle New Member

I will assume that this model is as common as grass, and treat it accordingly; I'll build it to try to improve my skills!

Nope, I design a lot of stuff, but never anything for paper. I don't know where you are, but if you are in BC, I was the one who designed and built the infamous "Lumbergini" on a Toyota pickup chassis. Lumbergini? What else is a guy gonna call a wood car? Oh, well, Aspen Martin maybe or Firrari... I'll try for a pic, even if it is totally off-topic.

Attached Files:

8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Pretty cool!
  9. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Dont think of it as wood. Think of it as pre-paper !