Devastator from Transformers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by causticphlegm, Apr 21, 2008.

1. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Well, here's my quick and dirty build of Devastator. I got really disappointed with it about half way thru and just finished it with the "easy" hands. (there are more detailed hands in the file).

And here's me burning him to make some room on my shelf for the Johnny 5 i'm building.

YouTube - Burning Devastator Vid was filmed with my cell phone:oops:

2. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Why dissappointed ? Looks pretty good to me.
  3. yeah he looked good well before the fire
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I can't watch, I just can't, but I really understand the feeling.
  5. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Doesn't look to bad at all to me! You wouldn't happen to have that file to share would you??
  6. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Think of it as recycling !
    Remember there are no bad models, only prototypes needing a little work.
    When I was a kid I melted a plastic Superman using a parabolic reflector made from a candy dish. I should have asked my mother's permission before I dismantled her Christmas candy dish, but I was pretty sure she would say no.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Reminds me of my starship wars. :wink: Only my ships usually *survive* the war(just call me a good commander).

Can you tell me more about this "Johnny Five" you're building? I need to see this! :twisted:
  8. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Well, it's a simple one that has that hand drawn look with very fat, noticeable scoring lines. I doubt I'm gonna finish it. A little too simplistic for me...I'm in the mood for something a little more challenging. It was a free one that I got off some fan site last year, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

9. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

My gosh man! I've never seen a papermodel burn before! MY EYES! [​IMG]
  10. Mace

Mace Member

Tha Pain....Tha Horror.......Never ever do that again, I just can't handle burning papermodels... :'(
  11. aim1

aim1 Member

Devestator model

I also built this one, it took me aprox. 3 weeks ...
    I should have the files somewhere, will look for them if anyone asks.
    Downloaded it years ago with other Hako transformers, the site is not available anymore