Devastator - awesome!

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Amir, Apr 2, 2005.

1. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Heh. You referenced a hygene product component....:twisted:

No harm no foul.

Glad the Steveo filters are in effect!

So, have any of you tried contacting him through his webcomics forum?
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

haha ... that would be the other guess.

Anyhow. Worthless to bother contacting someone who is acting in such a way. Sorry to say.

I'd rather thank active reachable people who either share their knowledge or even better buy digital models from artists who actually care about the hobby.

... not ones who leave behind possible boobytraps.

Right now I am in the process of backing up what I have including personal work as I have purchased (2) - 500 gig hardrives for which to place all my eggs in ... again. (yay for a Terabyte!)
  3. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Welcome to the Terabyte Club! (I run 5 200GBs):twisted:
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Holy crap - I've got 1/2 of a 64g hard drive full and I was just thinking about what I could duplicate burn onto DVD's and clear up - guess I'm behind the times ;)
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Well ... today was killer so I didn't get anything done. Another 8 hour work day and with no car a 2 hour trip home via the WORST bus system that takes 30mins at the longest in a car.

So I'm still in the midst of backing everything up from this experience.

I think everyone should backup their work/downloads after this.

Dansls1 ... having a small drive makes backing up easier. Your pressed to clear whats on your drive faster and it's easier. Larger drives only end up making you say... well I still have another 100gigs of space ... which turns into ... well I still have another 80gigs of space and so on ... until you have so much crap on your system of pictures, references, pdfs, videos of a people getting kicked in the nard's by friends, 120meg psds of textures which you dont want to dump, 1000's of frames of animation that you still havent composited... you get the picture.

Your staring down the barrel of a SPINDLE of dvd's to burn instead of 3-4 dvds. Life was a little less complicated with smaller drives. Now I see it as ... fill em' and replace em'. It's $119 for a 500gig drive and $50 for 50-4.7gig discs. Take the cost/time factor into all that and hard drives are the new throw away media.
  6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I burn CDs and label them on a monthly basis. Now, having loaded all them onto a HD I'm sorting and organizing for the first time....:curse:
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

@ B-maniac, I can not figure for the life of me why you have not edited your post and removed that link. I also cannot figure out why the moderators have not done so. I can understand a slip of the cyber-tongue but to allow a link from anyone who is so malicious is unreasonable. I don't think threads that have knowingly dead links should be allowed and there has been ample time to delete it. This link was bad from the beginning, Obviously I am not speaking of threads that have gone dead, but of newly posted ones that cause problems. If everyone cleans up their own act it would put a lot less work on the Moderators.
  8. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

That's an easy one:

It's not a dead link. The page "is" still there. There's just no content to download currently.

Treat it the same as Mizuirogakuen: ‚̂ققñ…FŠw‰€BÕ’n

Page is there but nothing to get.

And unless you're a person who upoladed M3's work without his permission then please don't think his actions are aimed at you specifically. They aren't.

We just get the fallout.

Same as with Mizuirogakuen.
    Same as we did with SFPapercraft (for almost a year).
    Same as with other sites as well.
    These things happen and with time they usually pass as well.
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I should have worded that better. I just think if you post something and find out that the link leads to .pdf's that just contain rants or anything other than you expect it would be wise to edit ones post and say something like 'This link does not provide the models that it purports too". (I couldn't think of a better word but you know what I mean). I know what you mean about Mizuirogaken, I have gotten way too many e-mails asking me for his collection which I downloaded. I do not answer those e-mails anymore.

I personally download almost every model that I like just in case they become unavailable. It is good practice to back them up onto CD/DVD's for a hard copy as hard drives fail. I am amazed how many models have disappeared from the net. If you don't download them when you find them you really can't blame anyone for not having them. I know I won't get to them but my son may want to build it.