Devastator - awesome!

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Amir, Apr 2, 2005.

1. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Well, since this thread is now bumped, I would also love to get my hands on it, but every single link I've found is dead. Anyone know where I can get it?

2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I haven't seen Masamune around in almost a year.
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Actually he hasn't logged into the site for about 2 years. I guess we're out of luck unless anybody knows if he's active on any other forums ???
  4. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

5. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

OK, great..thanks B-manic.

Seems that all the downloads on the site are 1.5kb dummy files. He must've closed up shop. Guess I'll try that email. For the benefit of others I will post any info if I hear back from him.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

What a XXXXXXX. Sure he has a right to pull the models but just pull them instead of hanging my damn browser while a 32kb joke file comes down with a complaint about people downloading his models.

Don't like people downloading them then don't put them on the net FFS. I wouldn't be surprised if I am virused in some way now. =x
  7. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Yeah, I actually laughed out loud when I read what he wrote. It sounds like he thinks he's "punishing" us (the people that enjoy his work) for the infractions of a few.

Oh noes!!!! What will we ever do???

Guess I'll just have to make due with the THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of other models out there. :thumb:

And yeah, a virus was the first thing that crossed my mind, too. I seem to get enough junk email with pdf attachments, so I thought the worst.
  8. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Sorry things did not work out. Sounds like this individual has some issues to work through. wall1
  9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

It's hard not to think of a virus when one of his models is a T4 bacteriophage :D
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

*come with me if you want to live...*

Yes there are TONS of great paper models out there. The hard part is not discovering them ... it's finding time to build them.
  11. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Stepping In and putting the Mod hat on......

Okay folks, I understand the disappointment in lack of downloads from M3. I can relate to the anger/surprise at the content of the pdf's available.
    I also see it from his point.
    I know the reasoning for his actions and have dealt (with no success) with the same individuals myself.
    So I understand his actions and whether or nor I approve of them it is, after all, his work to do with as he wishes.

If you want to be unhappy that's fine and good.

However, if you want to do name calling this is not the place and it's also against policy.

The most current and active way to contact Masamune is through the forum for his webcomic OOC3

If you want to call him names please do it there and not here.

(Taking off the moderator hat now and going back to enjoying the forum and designing......)
  12. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

i see both view :) he does have the right to do what he feel with his model's but i did e-mail him a while ago I write in the e-mail that 35year old that i like his works sent a pic of hako transformer i made
    and that hopeful he will some day he release some model While i got back one nasty E-mail tell me what i could do with my hako transformer And that i'am lucky he didn't sue me i"am like WHAT !! :( i my still mite have the e-mail on file if i do i will post it i think seeing any papermodel from him are very slim to never !!!!

to bad !!! :(
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think it would be inappropriate to show that e-mail here.
    I would appreciate it if you would hold off doing that, for now.:oops:
    However, if you would forward it to me as an e-mail attachment, I would appreciate that as well, as I would like to view it first.

It sounds to me as if there was some sort of miscommunication between the two of you.
    I think he may have misinterpreted your comments.
    There's nothing to be gained, nothing positive anyway, by making it public.

14. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

I wasn't able to find it !! And like Amazyah said it not right to post we don't want to add more fuel to on going fire !! It is his choice what he does with his mode's and we have to respect that !! like or not
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Good to see I'm being heavily censored on several threads.

You would have done best by just deleting my post like the others.

16. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

That's not how I work. Beside, it's no different than your self-censored signature line....:rolleyes:
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Well the fact remains that my posts have been both removed and censored.

I can stand behind someone who pulls models because some 3rd party dirtbag sells another's work on ebay but I can't stand behind someone who cries foul because their work was built a different way.
    People enjoy French Toast with maple syrup on it but because someone put ketchup on their French Toast shouldn't make the chef fold up shop and kick up a big stink. That makes 3 creators who have pretty much "diva'd" themselves out of any respect I have for them.

I dump work online with the hope that someone is going to build them and not use them for proffit. I have no control after releasing the work. If someone does that then I put in the model a disclaimer NOT to sell the work. I don't fake models duping people like Masamune has into downloading them only to recieve questionable material which somehow for some reason seemed to have caused disturbances on my machine (anyone who has downloaded the 'jazz' pdf should seriously scan their machines if they use winrar with heuristics CRANKED).

The other persons whom I have issue with is on my boycott list and all who download from them should be warned about who they are downloading from. You pull their models and your subject to THEIR methods of how you build their work. Not how you want to build it.
  18. dansls1

dansls1 Member

If somebody wants to pull models due to somebody else trying to make a profit off of them (because of selling them or just 'net advertising) then the logical thing is to post an explanation why and pull the models, or even set them up for sale yourself. Perfectly understandable behavior.
    Leaving the links up so that people think they are getting the model is just tool behavior. I don't understand why that opinion shouldn't be allowed to be out there - I doubt you'll find many that would disagree.
  19. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

No one's questioning the opinion or even censoring it. (It's a GOOD dicussion!!)

Just remember when making your choices of words that we do have kids who are members of this forum and act accordingly.

That's all I require.
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Honestly I can't remember what I called him ... as I TRY to watch the language I use on this forum out of respect even though some people have pushed my buttons enough to make me retype certain responses several times over due to the 'harshness' of an answer.

One can only imagine what would be submitted by me if I did'nt have Stevo filters in effect.

I'm going out on a limb with saying it had something to do with posterior head wear. lol.... =X