Details, details, details...

I'm a detail junkie. I frequently put details where virtually no one will ever see them. But just in case somebody with a really long neck happens to peer over a building or around a corner... :D

Here is an "around-the-corner" scene (ala George Sellios :cool: )

Attachments

• dognjunk30w2.jpg
    dognjunk30w2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 276

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Good heavens Mike, I had to look and look and look before I believed you the photos weren't of 1:1 scale!!!
The detals are so very authentic and your weathering is absolutely top notch!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I hope you have lots more photos to show us that I can drool over.

Errol

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Fantastic! Look at those rusted drums and the garbage can!!! Very neat! If I were you I'd put up a sign reading "Don't forget to look around this corner!" when people come over. Shame to miss this scene! :thumb:
Ralph

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Casey,

I love the treatment you give your windows. The propped up sash and panes broken and shot out add that touch of realism that makes it look like a person will walk around the corner and ask what why you are there. The well placed tufts of grass and rusty drums remind me of my great uncles ranch many years ago. Great modeling and thanks for sharing your little corner of the universe.

Greg

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Oh, what can I say but "WOW", thats beautiful work Mike, love those small details. Thats what brings a railroad model to life.
Shamus

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Hey Mike if you get bored and need some extra work in Nscale I'll take a batch of details. I'll get you the extra large MAGNIFIER buddy. Your details are what I still need to complete most of my scenes. I get a headache when I try to strain to see these little things. Pat