Details, details, details...

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Casey Feedwater, Jan 7, 2004.

1. I'm a detail junkie. I frequently put details where virtually no one will ever see them. But just in case somebody with a really long neck happens to peer over a building or around a corner... :D

Here is an "around-the-corner" scene (ala George Sellios :cool: )

Attached Files:

2. Here is another of those "out of the way" scenes...

Attached Files:

3. This oil tank isn't exactly out of the way, but it's got a lot of junk around and under it.

Attached Files:

4. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Those are beautiful shots! Thanks for sharing!
  5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great stuff Mike!
  6. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Thank you Mike. Your pics offer lots of suggestions to put this or that lonely peace of junk in our parts box to good use. :thumb:

7. Anachron

Anachron Member

great details! :thumb:
    and good insperation for me :D
  8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Awesome work and pics Mike! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Good heavens Mike, I had to look and look and look before I believed you the photos weren't of 1:1 scale!!!
    The detals are so very authentic and your weathering is absolutely top notch!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    I hope you have lots more photos to show us that I can drool over.

10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Love it Casey!!!! Details are what make a scene look realistic and yours are amazing.

(another detail junkie)
  11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Fantastic Casey...What scale is this? I use to know but with the scales on here I forgot.
  12. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Fantastic! Look at those rusted drums and the garbage can!!! Very neat! If I were you I'd put up a sign reading "Don't forget to look around this corner!" when people come over. Shame to miss this scene! :thumb:
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great photos Mike. Your attention to detail is amazing. Just love these mini scenes.
  14. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Excellent:thumb: :thumb:
  15. Thanks for the nice words, everyone.

Dick, I work in HO scale. With a magnifier. :eek:
  16. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

I love the treatment you give your windows. The propped up sash and panes broken and shot out add that touch of realism that makes it look like a person will walk around the corner and ask what why you are there. The well placed tufts of grass and rusty drums remind me of my great uncles ranch many years ago. Great modeling and thanks for sharing your little corner of the universe.

17. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Oh, what can I say but "WOW", thats beautiful work Mike, love those small details. Thats what brings a railroad model to life.
  18. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Love your work Mike. Just fantastic.
  19. belg

belg Member

Hey Mike if you get bored and need some extra work in Nscale I'll take a batch of details. I'll get you the extra large MAGNIFIER buddy. Your details are what I still need to complete most of my scenes. I get a headache when I try to strain to see these little things. Pat
  20. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

Fantastic work Mike.