Detailed Tie-Interceptor

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by loenf, Nov 25, 2012.

1. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

super great you know the scale?
  2. dnalor

dnalor Active Member

Wel Loenf you made this super great..
    The Tie and Intercepter....
    Thanks for the download.

Everybody knows what comes next..:)

The diorama FINISH :)
  3. trt

trt Member

Stunning :eek:.

It seems a shame to concentrate more on certain threads than other, when there is so many other great builds going on, but these are absolutely unbelievable.

I still find my self amazed at what can be made from paper (with a great deal of skill admittedly)

Well done. Jumped to the top of my build list.
  4. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Superb builds Loenf, as always.
  5. loenf

loenf Member

I don't know the "real dimensions" of the Tie Fighter, so it is difficult to say something about the scale. I found many different specified dimensions in the net and they all approximate. The model dimensions are (230h x 175w x 190d mm)

greetings Loenf
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Loenf, you are the Force!! :)
  7. imcold

imcold Member

The panels' were something close to 45cm high x 36cm wide on the filming models (sources differ a bit), the "ball"'s diameter was ~14cm. So you are close to half studioscale. What that was (1/24? 1/16?), that's a whole another question.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

So those Tie Fighters did have big balls. I always wondered about that. I figured the panels would get in the way of a good dog fight.
  9. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

I'm just a beginner, and I don't even know the first thing about modelling, but designing wings yourself?:-o
    All I can say is GREAT WORK!!!
    Greeting from Brazil!
  10. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

Yup, remember the early PC game Tie Fighter? You have to have big balls for a Tie fighter....You have no shields until the latter tie models!
  11. MilanX3

MilanX3 Member

They just came out with the Revell Tie fighters and interceptors in be honest yours look better as a card model than the Revell new tech kits that came out recently. Bravo!