Detailed Star Destroyer take 2 ....

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Take a look at my X-wing's laser cannons and tell me the turrets are too small for paper tubes :twisted: :

I can't wait to see how the superstructure turns out!
  2. Indy500Lee

Indy500Lee Member

How about making small tie fighters to go with your X wing!!!

3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Millenium...the whole turret will fit on the end of yout little finger.....and it needs 8 guns!
    At the scale you are builing you would be OK with paper tubes...but I don;t think I will be able to roll them small enough.

I will try...but...
  4. Indy500Lee

Indy500Lee Member

You might be able to get away with a small copper or plastic tube painted white, I have seem them at my local hardware store!!

5. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Hi Flare

Wow !! The detail is great !!

just wondering when the next part will be downloadable ???
  6. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Next section will be the lower hull detail and hangars. Nearly done with the instructions and then I can release that.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Minor bump to keep this on the main page. How's the ship coming?
  8. silent_lord

silent_lord New Member

i swear he has swapped it for a plastic version when we wasnt looking :p

"now we start off with some paper and glue, you cut here, here and here. glue this to this, and then." pulls out another modol. "it should then end up like this one i prepared eariler!"
  9. ahh yes the old switcheroo :0 very good model though especially the details possible for it at that size
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

This looks great! I sure have missed being around here while I was on vacation :)
  11. ennder

ennder Member

Great work on the SD, You might want to try a Q-tip stim for
    the wing cannons on the X-wing, and you can shave the dia. down
    for use on the gun turrets for the SD too
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

Well I am unrolling Qtips for some detail parts for the main hangar bay. :cool: I'll probably use florists wire or guitar string for the main cannons.
  13. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Been a while since I got more work done on this project, but part 2 has just been sent off to CGutzmer to be uploaded. Can't upload it myself as it runs in an 2.5 Mb.

Work is underway on the upper hull details and the look out for more soon :thumb:
  14. Millenniumfalsehood

Just so we're clear, what upgrades does part two have? :)
  15. Erindale

Erindale Member

I'm trying to download part 2 but am getting an error..."problem loading page, can't find server."
  16. Millenniumfalsehood

Same here. I didn't see any possible issues with the address(misspellings, incomplete protocol, etc.). WTH? :confused:
  17. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

I get the same issue. I'll drop Chris a mail and get him to have a look at it. Something must have gonr wrong with the upload. It's over 2Mb so I couldn't upload it myself.

As far as content goes, this is the complete lower hull detail and hangar sections.

MF...some of this you won't need anyway since you are already scratch building a more detailed main bay for your big ISD. If this doesn't get fixed, drop me a PM and I will e-mail you the file directly for your upscale.
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Whoops! Fixed - typo - my bad :) its good now.
  19. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

LOL Sure it was a typo !! You just wanted this great model all to your self
    We see how it is :) (LOL)
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

darn tootin! :)