Destroyer droid ?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ohgodwhy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Does anyone know if there's a card model of the destroyer droid ( Droideka ) from Star Wars Ep. 1 out there somewhere ? And if so, can you hook me up ? My battle droid models look a little lonely.
  2. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Thanks Starship Modeller. I appreciate the link, and really like the R2D2 he's got posted, but unfortunately his site doesn't have the droid I'm looking for. Do you know of any others ?
  3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK....where's ObiWan.... who used the force on this guy sign1

These are not the droids he was looking for....

He can go about his business ....
  4. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

I guess I'll just " Move along...Move along " then. :thumb:
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

No one has designed a Droideka either free or purchaseable.

Your in the right place should one appear though.

Sometimes the best way to get around this is to design one yourself.
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've been wanting to give the Destroyer Droid a go. Perhaps I can make a decent kit of it eventually.
  7. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

Reminds me of that "Top Ten List of Lines You'd Like to Hear Mace Windu Say":

#1 was, of course, "These ain't the m*th*r f*ck*n droids you looking for!"
  8. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Unfortunately I don't have the kind of skill it takes to design one. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.
  9. Tirta

Tirta Member

There might be one from russian publisher, I saw the ad somewhere.
  10. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

destroyer Droid

I may be wrong but didn't Dorling Kindersey do a large model of this along with An R2 D2 and a Stap Droid? a coupe of years ago?

11. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Any way I can get it touch with someone who'd know ? Can you point me in the right direction ? I'd really appreciate it. I kinda remember the STAP droid, but I'm drawing a blank as to where I saw it.
  12. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Got any pictures? Other than R2D2 and C3PO, in my head the rest are just "other droids". A pic might help jog my memory.

13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That's a brilliant idea! Reference pictures are always a good idea.:mrgreen:
  14. Alcides

Alcides Member

You are talking abou this guy:

15. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Actually, that's a pic from a game called forces of corruption. That Droideka had been modified for the game. This is the one I mean.[​IMG]
  16. oh you meant a spciffic droid i thought it was just droids in genral
  17. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

My fault. I should've thought to include a picture from the beginning.
  18. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

So it's like a cardboard standee ? like the one's you'd see in a theatre or blockbuster ?
  19. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Yes, but its 3 dimensional, not flat like a standee. The Droideka kit weighs about 30 pounds and comes in a box roughly 36 X 45 inches. It builds up to around 4 feet tall.:mrgreen: