desperatly need to know!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mr_chris04, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

Hey what can anyone tell me about the Nitro RS4 MT 2 truck? i kinda want a stadium truck now cause i got about 5 other guys wanting one and i love this one ! dont worry im still getting a savage this summer but i can get this sooner! so i need a few questions answered .....how fast does it go? (MPH) and how durable is it? is it a good truck for a beginner? it looks like the perfect mix to me.
    thanx guys (oh and does it have reverse?)
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm I can answer some of those questins lol difference between 2 wd is only 2 of the tires are getting power to them and the other1 arent, and with 4wd all the tires are getting power. My godfather has a electric version of this truck and they are fast! The only thing is the electric version is belt powered and not shaft, his jumpes really good so I am thinking they are about equal
  3. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

how fast would u guys say in mph? faster than a tmaxx ? or savage for that matter?
  4. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

sorry for being annoying but im gonna get one very soon and i cant find any info on this truck
  5. rustler

rustler Member

if you find that your not going to get this truck i suggest a traxxas nitro rustler, that is what i have and it is great for a beginer it goes over 50mph great for jumping and really really hard to break,
  6. Steve M

Steve M Member

Go to the HPI web pages and read up on this truck there. Download the manual as well.

Then, you could always go to NitroRC.com and read one of the 52 consumer reviews they have online.
  7. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

all i can find is the MT 1 kit and all i read are horror sotries where is the mt 2 ? does it have reverse? and hwo fats does it go? and could some one tell me about the rusteler or anyother 4wd stadium truck?
  8. rustler

rustler Member

I just told you about the rustler it is only a 2wd but it is great for beginers and can jump real high and can go over 50mph if i were you I would gett he rustler but thats just what i think
  9. rustler

rustler Member

o yea i forgot it does not have reverse but i never really found that it was that helpful
  10. Steve M

Steve M Member

1) The HPI MT2 is a brand new release from HPI so finding information on this truck from actual users with real world experience will be difficult. As this is an evolution of the original MT truck I suggested you start looking there. You seem to have already done that.

2) No, the MT2 does not have reverse.

3) "How fast does it go?" and "How much does it cost?" are probably the two most asked questions in all of R/C vehicles. There is no definitive answer to either as it all depends. It depends on what motor you use, gearing, tires, running surface, etc.....

4) I strongly recommend you go to your local club and ask the people there about this and other 2WD and 4WD nitro trucks. You will probably never find any one person with experience on all of the trucks.

5) Read all the hobby magazine reviews you can and then make up your OWN mind as to what you want and can afford.
  11. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Hey Chris,
    I got the MT 1 recently. I love it! The 4wd rocks. I have had some problems but I belive most of those are because I am a nitro newbie. I have read alot about these trucks. Others have said (somewhere) that the new MT 2 willl do 40 mph or so stock. If this is your first truck, that is plenty. My MT is my first and it isnt as fast as that (30 maybe 35 tops) and I dont think I am ready for more yet. Although I will say being a speed freak I want more power of course! The upgrade list on the MT2 compared to mine make me really wish I had waited and gotten a brand new one. For user reveiws on everything check out this site:
    http://www.nitroreview.com/
    Good luck!
  12. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

so is the mt 1 a tough truck would u say? and where did u read taht t goes over 40 id like to read some of this stuff
  13. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I can not say about it being tough or not yet. I have only had mine about a week. Only had it running for maybe an a half hour total (not for lack of trying. However when it did run it was great. I got it stuck on something and had only one wheel on the ground and it pulled itself off.

I belive I was mistaken on the stock speed. I was just looking around. In the HPI forums it said,
    if you add the 2 speed tranny or 15SS engine it can easily go over 40 mph. I thought I saw another post somewhere but I cant find it now so this is the only info I found. You can find the post in the HPI forum un 1/10 scale truck, engine and speed, how fast.
  14. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

what about other 4wd stadium trucks? is there any? other then the mt's?
  15. TCable

TCable Member

16. TCable

TCable Member

17. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

thanks alot, i still kinda love the MT-2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.