Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have to make the F-106, XF-107, XF-108, XF-109, F-110 (F-4 Phantom) and F-111 Aardvark.

What do they look like?
Can anyone show me the pics?(well except for the F-4 Phantom and the F-111 Aardvark because I already know what did they look like)

About the F-4 Phantom,what version would you like to make?
F-4E?
F-4G?
F-4X?
F-4J?
(I don't know if there are other versions of this F-4 Phantom)

And,paragon,

Please include tabs too(I'm suck at no tabs) when you update any new models.I'll tell you,I just destroyed your F-100 Super Sabre without even finished it.......without tabs.

Paragon

Oh, sorry. I'm not sure which F-4 version I'll be making, I haven't decided that. As for tabs, sorry, I started leaving them out because I was building the models without tabs. I can try including the undertabs next time.

The F-4 Phantom,one of my favorite aircraft,that model MUST include tabs!!!!!!Without tabs,my favorite F-4 plane will....I can't imagine what will it be....in the trash or maybe.....arrghh!!!!!can't say.

B

Bionic Modeler

And,paragon,

Please include tabs too(I'm suck at no tabs) when you update any new models.I'll tell you,I just destroyed your F-100 Super Sabre without even finished it.......without tabs.

You know it is easy to make your own tabs when cutting them out. It really isn't necessary for the designer to add them. It is nice when they do but it shouldbn't hamper your efforts.

You know it is easy to make your own tabs when cutting them out. It really isn't necessary for the designer to add them. It is nice when they do but it shouldbn't hamper your efforts.

The problem is,when the parts is too close to each other,It is more difficult to draw the tabs in resulting small tabs.And,I don't even know where should I put some of the tabs.Like paragon's F-104,There are some parts where I didn't know where to put the tabs in resulting a chaos.So,please understand.Thank you for understanding.

Nosports

The problem is,when the parts is too close to each other,It is more difficult to draw the tabs in resulting small tabs.And,I don't even know where should I put some of the tabs.Like paragon's F-104,There are some parts where I didn't know where to put the tabs in resulting a chaos.So,please understand.Thank you for understanding.

I understand you.
I design und build Prototypes oder beta-modells, but the work for tabs is very much, i don't want to do, because it don't matter much for the invested time.

I would suggest, try to make the tabs on the fly, you may have to cut some tabs later or add some while glueing it together, but very fast and very soon you will get some feeling where tabs are needed.

The ohter possibility is that you cut out the model without tabs and make some L-shaped strips of paper which you could cut and glue to the model in the prozess of assembling.

Dragos

C'mon guys is not that hard to make tabs. It's true that is more confortable if there are tabs in the kit but here is a simple method to make tabs.

Let's take this Zero as an example:

Step #1: cut the pieces preserving the edges as in the picture
Step #2: glue the piece as in the picture and cut on the red line

Now you have pieces with tabs.

Attachments

• sc7_03_380.jpg
    sc7_03_380.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 23
  • sc7_03_3802.jpg
    sc7_03_3802.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 18
  • sc7_03_3803.jpg
    sc7_03_3803.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 16
C'mon guys is not that hard to make tabs. It's true that is more confortable if there are tabs in the kit but here is a simple method to make tabs.

Let's take this Zero as an example:

Step #1: cut the pieces preserving the edges as in the picture
Step #2: glue the piece as in the picture and cut on the red line

Now you have pieces with tabs.

That's sounds simple.I'll take a try.I didn't think of it before...

BTW Dragos,where did you get the Zero?
And,paragon.how do you connect the parts without tabs?Did you just use the method that dragos showed or something else?

Nothing

Longtime Member
you can also cut strips and glue underside to create butt seams. i dont use tabs very much myself either.

Paragon

I do the same thing Nothing does, I cut strips and glue them inside the parts. I switched to that method over the summer when I realized how much easier it was, and how much better it made my models look. It helps cut down on glue mess, doesn't require a lot of repetitive cutting of tabs, and results in the edges of the sections being together, instead of one above the other, which means less visible seams.

The model was available on http://www.paper-hobby.com/ as an accesory for the Junyo aircraft carrier from MKF. But is not available anymore so I guess I have to send you a PM.

Cool,thanks Dragos:mrgreen:!Simple to build,even for beginners(My classmates).
They don't even know how to build Ojimak's F-4E Phantom(without me helping them).

I've checked my email address already...no mistakes:checked email address one letter at a time.

And paragon,sorry about the request for tabs...I'm just not familiar with models with no tabs...please include the YF-4E version that SMWulph just showed into your 'to design' list.Thank you.

I've must be saying something until you guys don't want to post here anymore.I've just want to know how was you work on century fighters going...I need to know how's your F-106 and the others going...sorry if I ever hurt you guys' feeling...:sad:

Paragon

I did some work on the F-106, but I've been busy and distracted, and kind of lost interest in aircraft for a little while. I'm sorry, I promise I'll get back to them eventually...it'll just probably take awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.