Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

I built one more version, the Starfighters Demo team scheme, with two-seat cockpit (the kit includes the option of single or two seat). When I was done, something felt a little wrong with it; the actual aircraft on the team have a high gloss paint job, and the flat ink on paper didn't feel right, so I decided to make it glossy. First I applied a thin layer of Elmers glue to the entire model with a paintbrush, to seal it. Once it was dry, I applied Future wax to the whole model, again with a paintbrush, to give it a nice shine. You can't really tell too well from the pictures though.

I don't suggest repeating this without doing testing first. I used to print using an HP printer, and wherever glue got, the ink came off. I now use a Kodak, which uses a different ink that glue does not discolor or remove. If you have a Kodak printer, it should work for you too, but its always good to do a little testing on first.

Anyway, I was going to wait for the beta builders on ecardmodels to send in their build reports of the model before release, but I'm tired of waiting, and having built seven different versions of the model myself, I think its time to put it out. Expect it up in the next few days.

Oh, and here are some pictures:

Finally,something blue colored from paragon,which is good news to me as a fan of navy.......Thanks,paragon for that great blue colored F-104:mrgreen:

BTW,I heard that you are working on a Mig-31 Foxhound Instructions by reading the previous posts.Can you put it in your site with the model,PRETTY PLEASE?I love Mig-31 Foxhound!!!!!I've been looking anywhere on the internet but no luck.

Paragon

Well the problem is that the model was designed with a lot borrowed from Ojimak's F-15 model (since they're very similar aircraft in design). When I sent him the files to ask it it was ok for me to host them on my website, he told me no.

This was done when I had a lot less skill as a designer; at the time, it was hard for me to generate a structure on my own, which was why I had to borrow from him.

I could probably design a completely new MiG-31 now, that would even be a lot better than my previous model, and include "full" wings and a much cleaner texture, but for now, I'm a little busy with the Century line.

Oh,that's okay.

I can wait for your 'originally made by you' Mig-31 Foxhound.The textures that you made are really good.Ojimak's models are great but lack of 'uncolored' models.A few weeks ago,I used google image and I saw an image of the wing templete of ojimak's Mig-29 uncolored.

I though I want to ask you something about your models but you've been busy with the Century line so maybe I'll ask later to avoid burdening you.......

Anyway,Good luck on the Century line.

lincer556

Ace Combat fan
Hey paragon been a long time, i'm seing a cool models over here! Really nice work...
I think you forgot about my request of the CFA-44 Nosferatu... No problem about it
But i have a special request now... This is the ADF-03 Fenrir... Weird craft... I just was wondering if you could make this one, if not and you prefer the nosferatu lemme know..
ADF-03Fenrir-1.png

Paladin

Hey lincer556, do you know if there are any blueprints, or layouts such as that one of the Fenrir available for the XR-45 Cariburn?

Paladin

Hey lincer556, did you see on page 12 of this guys pictures that he is building a Fenrir out of tranparency? He has other models there too, they all seem to be nearly completed. I wonder if he has others, and where we can get them.

Paragon

I actually think I like that Cariburn more than the Fenrir (they're both really cool though). Ever since Sukhoi showed off the Su-47 I've sort of been enamoured with swept-forward wings.

Paladin

Yeah, I always liked them since the X-29 was revealed many years ago. Then I saw the Su-47 and again became thrilled with them.

Paladin

By the way Paragon, I just bought the F-104 X-planes pack off the ecardmodels website. I just love the X-27 and the CL-1200. Excellent job on those.

Hey,paragon

I heard you've been busy on the XR-45 cariburn/CFA-44 Nosferatu/ADF-03 Fenrir(dunno which one is the one you're planning to design......maybe three of them?).I hope you design them quick because I have a request but since your plates are full,I'll delay the request.

BTW,The Sukhoi Su-33/32/34(dunno which is the right number)Strike Flanker,you know,the long-range bomber/attacker,Is it well known?because if it isn't,can you design one?This one is different from the above request.

Anyway,I wish you the best of luck.

Paragon

I think he's not working on those models :p

Not yet, no, I still have to finish the century series first. I also have some real life issues to deal with.

Hey,paragon

I heard you've been busy on the XR-45 cariburn/CFA-44 Nosferatu/ADF-03 Fenrir(dunno which one is the one you're planning to design......maybe three of them?).I hope you design them quick because I have a request but since your plates are full,I'll delay the request.

BTW,The Sukhoi Su-33/32/34(dunno which is the right number)Strike Flanker,you know,the long-range bomber/attacker,Is it well known?because if it isn't,can you design one?This one is different from the above request.

Anyway,I wish you the best of luck.

Well, I hadn't planned on desiging a Flanker model, because Ojimak already offers one, but I may get around to it sometime. Probably not soon though.

Not yet, no, I still have to finish the century series first. I also have some real life issues to deal with.

Well, I hadn't planned on desiging a Flanker model, because Ojimak already offers one, but I may get around to it sometime. Probably not soon though.

What plane is left from the century series that you don't design yet?
And,how many?I thought you have completed it.......

BTW,sorry if my english is not good enough......I only got 82% for my english test.......

Paragon

What plane is left from the century series that you don't design yet?
And,how many?I thought you have completed it.......

BTW,sorry if my english is not good enough......I only got 82% for my english test.......

I still have to make the F-106, XF-107, XF-108, XF-109, F-110 (F-4 Phantom) and F-111 Aardvark.

Status
Not open for further replies.