Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdk2knbk

Nice looking Deuce, Paragon! I'll be glad to build a decent one, finally. The FG version has to be the worst model in their lineup (at least of the ones I've built).

Scott K.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Finally, I've uploaded some pictures of a colored Duece. I was having trouble with photobucket last night, not sure why. I restarted my computer and waited until this morning to try again, one of those helped.

You might notice that, unlike a lot of my models, the F-102 includes a lot of little details that you can choose to add. I only reccomend this for those of you with a lot of patience, the parts are very small and hard to work with. Scaling the model up, of course, would resolve that problem. Anyway, I decided to include the nose "spike", and fins on the wings and tail, something I normally wouldn't do. The kit also includes landing gear. I'm considering adding fuel tanks, open weapon bays and missiles. We'll see.

Pictures:

I need to find a better background for my pictures.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
The F-102 is up! I only made one other version, and its another USAF scheme, sorry, I was having trouble finding images of the Duece in service with both the Hellenic and Turkish air forces. Once again, I've released files that might make it easier for those of you who want to recolor the F-102 yourself.

Landing gear included on this one, with a better solution for the gear doors than the Hun, but no payload on this one.

Anyway, my next project should be fun, the Republic XF-103 Thunderwarrior! I have a lot of images of this one, but none are great. I was hoping someone else might have some better 3-views than the ones you can find on Google.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Another nice one! Thanks! Have you seen this site?; http://wp.scn.ru/en/ Many side profiles, a few full 3-views. The side views may be of limited use, but should help some. I see 4 Turkish and 2 Greek Deuces listed.

Some interesting XF-103 info here; http://kura11.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mswkits/mswkits.htm I like their Pennsylvania ANG version (I'm looking for a decent view of a PA ANG Deuce, too).

Scott K.

No, I'd never seen the first link before. It looks very useful.

I've seen that page on the XF-103 though, and I agree, that Penn ANG looks very good. I'll probably do the USAF and ANG versions. Anyway, time to get to work on the model.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Yours was actually pretty helpful, there aren't a lot of reference images of it out there.

Its not "accurate" (how accurate can you be with a plane that only reached mock-up?), at least with some of the other models out there, but it gets the general shape right.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
I think this is one of the quickest models I've designed, finished in one day!

Anyway, two versions are available, a USAF version and Pennsylvania ANG version. There are also two files available for those of you who want to recolor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.