Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

yea i always flatten em to. do you save as best quality settings? maybe i need to save at a lower quality setting?

Nope, I keep them the same size. Its been so long since I uploaded to Zealot though that I'm not sure they'd be small enough to upload myself.

Paragon

Alright, I'm making a quick post here because I need a little advice. I've made the bare metal texture for the F-100, and I've started making one color of it (I'll make the bare metal model available for those who'd like to make their own paint schemes). But I need to know what color you all think the panel lines should be, black, dark grey, or a lighter grey:

edi

I agree with @nothing, should be the best choice, the black one also would work,the light grey gives a flat impression

Paragon

Thanks, dark grey it is then. I'll have images of the first colored version soon, then I'll get on to coloring the other versions.

Paragon

Thanks, the fuselage shape is actually a little wrong in those pictures, its supposed to be an oval, not a circle, with the sides a little flat. Its just an issue of constructing it right.

Anyway, release will be once I've finished the other schemes I'm planning.

Paragon

The F-100 is uploaded to the Cold War section now. I've also made an accessory pack, that includes landing gear, two types of fuel tanks, and the AGM-12B "Bullpup" missile.

S

sdk2knbk

Thanks, Paragon! The Thunderbird version's timing is just right, the current version has been in town here since Thursday. I didn't get to go to the show, since I had to work the weekend, but had a nice view anyway as I work just over a mile from the airport. Anyone want to do a recolor of the Thud in the T-Bird colors? I have the Geli version, but a simpler, quicker building one would be nice (the Phantom and T-38 would be nice, too, hint, hint).

Anyway, as promised several days ago, a pic of my Voodoo build. It's got some build errors, but I'll do better on the USAF version. Also shown is my Demon build, just finished an hour and a half ago. I see by comparing it to the original model that we differed a bit in the canopy area. Mine is also suffering from my printer starting to run out of blue and yellow, hence the somewhat funky colors.

These planes are starting to become addictive! Thanks again Paragon!

Scott K.

Attachments

• Voodoo.jpg
    Voodoo.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Demon.jpg
    Demon.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 12

Paragon

Those are terriffic builds, thanks for the pictures! I wish I could tell you I'd upload them to the gallery on my website, but I have too many files on it already.

And how ironic is it that my model turned out to be the one from the cover art of the Squadron Signal article! I actually have that Squadron Signal article, but I never thought to look at the entire time I designed the model (would probably have been very useful too). When I chose the color scheme for the model I was working off another model's color schemes.

Also, the reason the cockpit looks different is because the top of the intake part wasn't cut along the sides of the cockpit. The original file didn't have lines to indicate to cut there, but after a few hours I updated it to show the cuts I made that I thought helped it look better. Yours looks fine without them though.

Attachments

• olssonf3ha.jpg
    olssonf3ha.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8

Paragon

Heres an interesting image I made in photoshop. I placed a lamp and a blue blanket on the floor for this picture, and then put in the sky from another:

S

sdk2knbk

Those are terriffic builds, thanks for the pictures! I wish I could tell you I'd upload them to the gallery on my website, but I have too many files on it already.

And how ironic is it that my model turned out to be the one from the cover art of the Squadron Signal article! I actually have that Squadron Signal article, but I never thought to look at the entire time I designed the model (would probably have been very useful too). When I chose the color scheme for the model I was working off another model's color schemes.

Also, the reason the cockpit looks different is because the top of the intake part wasn't cut along the sides of the cockpit. The original file didn't have lines to indicate to cut there, but after a few hours I updated it to show the cuts I made that I thought helped it look better. Yours looks fine without them though.
Glad you liked the pix. Just as well about the gallery, since the colors are so goofy on the Demon. I wondered about the model being the same as on that cover, so it really was just a coincidence? Hmmm... Even without the cuts, a depression formed in the upper half of the fuselage part anyway. After I get more color ink, I'll build another one and try the other way, too. My mistake was in not taking a closer look at your original before I built mine.

I'd build the Hun next, but need another color cartridge first. Pix to follow (again) when I do. Thanks much again.

Scott K.

Paragon

Well I couldn't tell what was wrong with the Demon. It still makes a good picture, on top of the Squadron Signal cover.

I'm considering making some other sort of gallery....

Paragon

Work is progressing on the F-102, the prototype is printed and ready for construction. Meanwhile, I was checking the list of fighters, and realized the Air Force actually called the F-4 Phantom the F-110 Specter for a very short time, meaning it technically can fit in the Century series. Do you all think I should include it? (Like any of you are going to oppose another free Phantom model :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.