Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
during the cold war Canada was the front line defense for intercept duties against russion formations coming over the artic. i think it would be fitting to do a canadian scheme to that end.

S

sdk2knbk

Oh, Boy! A Voodoo! Glad to see this one from you, Paragon. Since the Canadian scheme is already in the works, I was going to ask for a New York Air National Guard 107th Tactical Interceptor Group "Rainbow Squadron" F-101F, but I can't find any pictures of one! They flew with a red, blue, and yellow striped tail representing rainbows over Niagara Falls. Anyway, good marking reference for other USAF birds can be found here; http://www.swannysmodels.com/F101.html. Some interesting profiles for Canadian birds are here; http://www.cbrnp.com/profiles/quarter3/voodoos.htm

The Voodoo on display at the Naval Park in Buffalo, NY still had it's stripes when I first saw it around 22 years ago, but then it was repainted, and now looks like this; http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3W0Z. Wonder if it'll ever be repainted correctly?

Scott K.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Ok, I made the Canadian version of the F-101, but the printhead on my printer is not working properly, so it can't print red. Kodak is sending me a new one, plus new ink, so I will be able to soon. Instead, I printed out the USAF version I made last night as well. I had to color in a little red as you can tell, and the black isn't perfect, but its a problem with my printer, not the model:

I'll probably take a little time to make some more paint schemes for the Voodoo, but after that, I'd like to move on to my next model, which I'm thinking should be the F-3 Demon.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
the Voodoo will be up soon, after I make a few changes. I ended up not getting any more paint schemes done because I went to see "The Dark Knight" (great movie). I figure two schemes is plenty though, especially since, as always, everyone is encouraged to make their own.

Anyway, with the F-101 and F-105 out of the way, I've decided I'd like to go ahead and finish off the F-100s. I'll still be making the F-3 first, but after that will come the F-100, F-102, F-104, F-106, and possibly even the F-107, YF-108 F-109 and F-111.

So here's the question, which of those would you all like to see first? I personally like either the F-100 or the F-102 (I could probably do the F-106 at the same time) right now.

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
I agree with Nothing. Going from 100 up will make your build decisions easier and folks will know what build order you are using. Plus, if you're lazy like me it's easier.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Alright, F-100 first it is. Also, the F-101 is now available on my website! I'd like to encourage pictures as well! Let me know if you have trouble with construction, though I think the diagram should make it easy.

S

sdk2knbk

Thank you, Thank you! Just printed both out, and they're going to the front of my build queue. Pix to follow.

The rest of the Century series next? Preceded by the Demon? Yahoo! Keep 'em coming, and Thanks again!

Scott K.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Here we go, images of the F3H Demon prototype! I'm very pleased with the overall shape, I think it captured the aircraft very well. I need to make some changes for some fit issues, and to straighten out that tail boom, but otherwise its looking good. The resolution of the texture isn't great, but I think I can optimize the paint scheme to help fix that.

Stormeagle

Jul 8, 2004
Greece
possible paint shemes for F104 (when it is done)

Hello Paragon,

I've been searching all my picture files for a Canadian Gate-guard F101 Voodoo with beatiful sheme but could not locate it (Actually I've come to believe that it was probably a magazine picture, I' ll keep searchig for it).

Anyway, I am sending you some photos of a very beutiful and unique anniversary F104 aircraft of HAF, if you want to put it into paper.

Also I am thinking that odd or peculiar paint schemes are allways welcome from the model world ( in other words: not another US or Danish F100 but a couple of Turkish ones with old square roundels and modern round ones like the ones involved in the Cyprus war in 1974)... That is just a thought, and I may be very very wrong about it.

Anyone please feel free to comment on it

Attachments

• 10-48001page2.jpg
    10-48001page2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 18
  • haf_f104G_olympus.jpg
    haf_f104G_olympus.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 18

Stormeagle

Jul 8, 2004
Greece
Additional proposals for F102s

Turkish Air Force and Hellenic Air Force (The only other air forces -I think- that flew the deuce)

Attachments

• 96917_1183911916.jpg
    96917_1183911916.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 12
  • haf_f102vietnam.jpg
    haf_f102vietnam.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 12

Stormeagle

Jul 8, 2004
Greece
Alternative schemes for F102

Some more

Attachments

• 1183792.jpg
    1183792.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 11
  • f-102_a.jpg
    f-102_a.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 114
  • f-102_1.jpg
    f-102_1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 114

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Wow, those are some really complex paint schemes. That F-104 looks especially interesting. I can definitely try it out when I design the F-104, but all I have to work with is Photoshop, which makes its hard to line up the paint schemes sometimes.

And remember, all of you are perfectly welcome to make any paint schemes for my models that you desire. I can even supply you with the uncolored parts to make it easier if you just ask.

Anyway, Hopefully I'll build the F3H today, take pictures of it, and then release the PDF, today is a little busy though, so it may have to wait until tomorrow. The only paint scheme I've made for it is as a fighter in the VF-41 stationed on U.S.S. Independence. The Demon never served with any other militaries, so the only schemes available are for USN fighters. I'm still debating releasing it in another scheme.

Then its on to the F-100 Super Saber!

Status
Not open for further replies.