Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Paragon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I wouldn't mind uploading them to my website if its ok with you.

Dragos, nice work on those MiG-15 repaints, I'm going to add them to the "fan section" soon, if you don't mind.
  2. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Paragon, you're probably familiar with the conversations going on about Trotskiy elsewhere. I just want to take this opportunity to say a big "THANKS" for all of the nice models, and the great attitude toward the people doing repaints of them.

Scott K.
  3. And I would also like to add my appreciation of your, and other designers, willingness to advance the hobby through your open attitude. This does not condone illegal activities, obviously, but your willingness to allow repaints, modifications, and your responses to designing new models is a wonderful gift to all of us.

4. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Well thank you for the compliments, I'm just sorry I can't deliver better models for you all to toy around with. People always say imitation is the biggest form of flattery, so I just let myself be flattered instead of angry. Besides, if I let others repaint them, that means more variations I can build. And while I try to do my best to make them look good,its more than likely someone can apply a nicer paintjob than mine.

Anyway, Nothing's Boeing Sonic Cruiser has piqued my interest in aircraft models again (I go through a cycle with models), so hopefully tomorrow I'll finally get started on the IAF Lavi model. After that I'm considering the Martin P6M Seamaster.
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Back to some aircraft! I await your news Paragon! :D
  6. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Thank you Paragon. Of course you can upload them to your site, thay are after all your "children" anyway...

I 'll try to email the file to you for the first one right now.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Just a note, the MiG-15s are available on the site, but the Be-200 in Hellenic livery is not.
  8. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Be 200

Did you get them Paragon? Because after the third attempt they showed as if the email had gone through?

I am trying to post them here but they are too big (over 2 mb) so I 'll see what I'll do.
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I got the .zip with five images (four pages of parts and one with diagram and info). I also got the .doc for the 1/144 scale model.

I was hoping for an image of the Be-200 in the yellow and red livery to post next to the download, since I think it helps people decide if they want it or not.
  10. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Well, the case is that Greece hasn't bought the Be-200 yet...They talk about it, they talk about buing it for 3 different services (Fire-fighting, Coast-Guard / SAR and NAVY) but no signatures yet. So I just repainted it the way the Canadairs are being flown by the HAF and I am getting ready the models for the other services as well.

So you can say that for now on they are still all "What ifs" with no actual service picture...

Sory if I disappointed you but believe me I am far more dissapointed with our official who just watch Greece get burned a second Summer in a row and they don't put the hand in the pocket to buy these beasts...sooner rather than later.
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I don't mind it being fictional, I just wanted to show a preview of it. Right now the only image I can really post next to it is the standard Be-200.

Anyone want to build it first?
  12. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Finally some progress to show, and finally its on a new aircraft model! This one has been eating at me for awhile, one of the donors on my website requested an IAF Lavi model, so here's the progress.

Its only the prototype, but the structure is nearly finished, meaning I should begin coloring soon, depending on how hard I'm knocked out after my surgery tomorrow (nothing serious, just wisdom teeth). Anyway, here are some images:

13. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I'll photograph mine tomorrow.
  14. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I didn't realize you'd built one! I look forward to it.

Also, did you have any trouble with construction? Especially with the inner braces?
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Oh, and how long did it take you to build? (Sorry for the double-post, internet is slow right now, and I can't open the edit page)
  16. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Just a few hours over the course of three days during my spring break camping trip.
  17. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Wait, which one did you build? The repaint, or the standard? I built the standard, and have plenty of images of it, I was just hoping for images of the recolor by Stormeagle.
  18. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Sorrry, I did build the standard.
  19. edi

edi Member

The Lavi will be an eye candy:thumb:
  20. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Well thats ok. I'd still like to see the images of it completed, just because I want to see how it turned out. And like I asked before, did you have any trouble with the inner braces?