Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormeagle

Be 200

Did you get them Paragon? Because after the third attempt they showed as if the email had gone through?

I am trying to post them here but they are too big (over 2 mb) so I 'll see what I'll do.

Paragon

I got the .zip with five images (four pages of parts and one with diagram and info). I also got the .doc for the 1/144 scale model.

I was hoping for an image of the Be-200 in the yellow and red livery to post next to the download, since I think it helps people decide if they want it or not.

Stormeagle

Well, the case is that Greece hasn't bought the Be-200 yet...They talk about it, they talk about buing it for 3 different services (Fire-fighting, Coast-Guard / SAR and NAVY) but no signatures yet. So I just repainted it the way the Canadairs are being flown by the HAF and I am getting ready the models for the other services as well.

So you can say that for now on they are still all "What ifs" with no actual service picture...

Sory if I disappointed you but believe me I am far more dissapointed with our official who just watch Greece get burned a second Summer in a row and they don't put the hand in the pocket to buy these beasts...sooner rather than later.

Paragon

I don't mind it being fictional, I just wanted to show a preview of it. Right now the only image I can really post next to it is the standard Be-200.

Anyone want to build it first?

Paragon

Finally some progress to show, and finally its on a new aircraft model! This one has been eating at me for awhile, one of the donors on my website requested an IAF Lavi model, so here's the progress.

Its only the prototype, but the structure is nearly finished, meaning I should begin coloring soon, depending on how hard I'm knocked out after my surgery tomorrow (nothing serious, just wisdom teeth). Anyway, here are some images:

Paragon

I didn't realize you'd built one! I look forward to it.

Also, did you have any trouble with construction? Especially with the inner braces?

Paragon

Oh, and how long did it take you to build? (Sorry for the double-post, internet is slow right now, and I can't open the edit page)

Paragon

Wait, which one did you build? The repaint, or the standard? I built the standard, and have plenty of images of it, I was just hoping for images of the recolor by Stormeagle.

Paragon

I've colored two versions of the IAI Lavi now, a white and blue prototype, and a camo version that is supposedly what it would have looked like in service. Both include alternate canopies, for one or two seat configuration. I was going to build the camo version, but the printhead on my printer can't use red for some reason, making the camo version turn out very green. The white and blue version version however looked fine (with the exception of the little red triangle beneath the cockpit), so I built it instead. Constrution is pretty simple, and I was able to finish in between an 1 and 2 hours, even on percocet. Anyway, here are images:

A lot of people have speculated that the Chinese J-10 Chengdu was actually a continuation of the Lavi design, purchased from Israel. While there are undoubtedly striking similarities, I have to say that having designed and built models of each from scratch, it doesn't seem likely to me that the J-10 is an adaptation of the Lavi. Subtle differences in the aircraft designs lead me to believe that while its very possible that the J-10 was based on some of the research that went into the Lavi's design, the Chinese designers did not utilize the Lavi airframe, and fabricated a completely new one.

Here are some images of the two side by side, in approximately the same scale:

Paragon

I was wondering if anyone here has any good 3 or 4-view images of the X-31 Vector, I think I'd like to pop that one out really quick. I found all of the simple images in Google, I'm looking for something with a little more detail.

Paragon

Yesterday I went a little crazy and started building a bunch of my aircraft models as minis. They're not in a common scale, they're just all really small. I guess I figured I'd post them here to show that my models actually scale down pretty well without being impossible to build, like some other models would be. I probably wouldn't suggest this for some of my other models, like the C-27J Spartan, or the V-22 Osprey, but I've printed out a whole bunch of my other models at about the same size and they're just waiting to be built. I use #110 cardstock for my regular sized models, but for the minis I use #65, which seems to work very well for the scale.

I've always known there were problems with my F-86 model, but didn't know how to fix it. Last night, while I was building a mini F-86, I figured out how to fix one of the big problems, that made the rear fuselage look wrong. All my F-86 models, including the Golden Hawks model by Cuthbert have been fixed, and are available on my website.

Anyway, enough talk, here are the pics:

Here's the new batch with four MiGs I built a long time ago:

Paragon

On to the next project! I've chosen another fighter, this time from the Cold War era. I haven't seen any cardmodels of this particular aircraft, so I hope I'm hitting a niche here that hasn't been hit yet. I'm not sure why I decided to go for this one, but I just did.

Anyway, here's the prototype build, the first person to identify it gets to choose the first paint scheme:

I'll need images for that paint scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.