Designing the Porter 0-4-0 Locomotive

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverw

silverw Member

Trains, locomotives, trains.....

Hi Phil....

I don't care what you use .... I just love trains!! ... And I can't wait to see what you do with this! I'm already excited!!

.... Bill

PS ... Therefore yu must continue!! :)
  2. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Let me first say, whether you continue this tutorial or not is entirely your decision, and I respect it either way.:)

I also want to assure you, you were not just in the room, you had a semi captive audience. I want to start designing models myself so I read every tutorial I can find, look through the build threads for tidbits if useful information, and check out purchased and free models for design and layout ideas. I was really looking forward to following your thread because I value your opinions as much as anyone's. Designing with PSP is a technique I have not seen covered in a tutorial before, and since I've had a copy forever, what better software to use? Perhaps next time.

PS I'm still looking forward to the release of your Porter :-D
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey Phil.. might be a little irrelevant at this point but I love PaintShopPro, Its like a warm blanket. After a session lost in tenth level of hell, in some sub sub SUB menu of the so call professional programs, its always a joy to come home to PSP and just get stuff done. Don't want to stand on anyone's toes, but a tool is only as good as the hand that uses it. I believe Jan Rukr (The aliens models guy) uses PSP V3 ! as part of his tool kit.. Impressive!
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Irrelevent? No Way! I suport 100% supporters of PSP.
    My opinion, if you do not know how cool PSP is, you have not really used it.
    If you knew PSP as intimately as I, you might be in love.

Consider this, I had a TBI, when I got my first copy of PSP ,1998,I installed it, and within 20 minutes I published my first graphic.

I have had Photoshop for two years...nothing.

Do you have any clue WHY there are so many Photoshop tutorials available?
    My guess is that you need them all.

Though I could restart this thread now if I wanted to, I do not want to.
    The gentleman in question has not even bothered an attempt at atonement. He does not need to, but I was hoping he would try.
    Am I punishing you for his behavior? No. But his words were the reason I lost the motivation and am really asking for endorsement. I do NOT need anyone's approval on this. We are all friends here, and I am trying to keep it that way. Last chance, then I will forever drop this, and move on.

The Porter IS coming, thank you all for being patient.
  5. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Sooo, are you going to quit designing it?
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I have tried to let this go. I cannot.
    I found that statement rude and selfish. This is MY model, not YOURS.
    IF I choose to share the model with you, then it will be yours.
    I designed it. I will build it. I do not work for you. Just because I designed it DOES NOT mean I have to share it with you.

I will post a picture of the build, you will get no download, and that is COMPLETELY fair.

I have already stated SEVERAL TIMES I will continue with the porter...learn how to READ.
    If you don't like it, design your own.
    Admin, PLEASE lock this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.