Designing the Greek trireme

doctormaxart

lost here now not sure if this is the correct place to put the build thread.. So right now I got this little project designing a Greek trireme I know there is a card model of the Brireme available seen it mentioned a few times Sometime this week I will print the parts I have done for the upper deck and see are they the correct lenght so be using just 80 gram paper then when i see how they look add use a pen to mark the length they part should be and scan. as with the curve I suspect that I may have a part to short. I may even print out the oars to see do they work if they do at least I will have what is a good amount done. 170 oars in all if I remember the numbers correct.

Attachments

• tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Olympias 5.jpg
    Olympias 5.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 30
  • ta.jpg
    ta.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
  • tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 25

Gixergs

I am so looking forward to this,I have always loved the Trireme and remember watching a programme with my late Father about the reconstruction and sailing of one many years ago.

Elliott

Moved your thread here doctormax; seemed to fit a little better. It's good to see progress on your trireme! Like Gixergs, these have fascinated me since childhood. Looking forward to your continued progress. :thumb:

Thank you for sharing your build here on Zealot. Very generous of you. :)

doctormaxart

I am so looking forward to this,I have always loved the Trireme and remember watching a programme with my late Father about the reconstruction and sailing of one many years ago.

Sure Gixergs they are lovely looking ships the Athenian wall of wood.

Gixergs

Not just the Trireme but all the ancient warships Bireme,Roman Galleys,Quinquereme and the ever so lovely Viking Longships I love them all!

doctormaxart

Well I decided no better time than the present to see if they be ok. picture shows the slight problem and how I fixed it. Ok I do need to do a lot of cleaning up before I can say its done but that is the news. oars or fine. thank goodness for that was not looking forward to trying to change them. Do it will be six pages of parts for the oars alone be three pages for the upper deck parts. thats all I know now so no guessing how many pages of parts that it will involve by the time I am finished. Do I am thinking of ways to make it that it has as few little parts. I do have clumsy hands and bad eyes. sign1

Attachments

• aaasss.jpg
    aaasss.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 32