Designing the De Havailland Comet-4

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Congrats on the (near)completion of this Project Lex! Cover looks gr8!
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

Hey lex what programs do you use?
  3. knife

knife Member has a nice display stand for their Embraer Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 kits, if you need inspiration. The models are top notch, worth downloading and building.
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the support guys!

The model design is with Rhino, and the postprocessing was done in Illustrator ^^ The cover sheet was Photoshopped from scratch with a little help from Terragen :D

Nice inspiration! I will look into that!
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

Do you unfold in rhino and export to illustrater?

i guess what im tryin to find out is this. i unfold in pep. pep only exports in low res but can print to pdf in hi rez. i dont knoe how to get the pages out of a pdf into say psp and maintain the hi rez. i would like the option of post unfold editing, just dont know how to do it. im sure that was clear as mud!
  6. looker

looker Member

"Don't Panic" Get Ghostscript 8.62 from then get GSview 4.9 from and do exactly what it says. Open your pdf with GSview and go to File/Convert and choose the output format and resolution you want. Include the output format, eg " .jpg " when naming the output. The output will open in PSP but check that the dpi is exactly what you want, there seems to be a slight glitch there. Like I said "Don't Panic" and don't even try to understand what else the program can do unless you're a genius.
  7. knife

knife Member

I picked up a copy of imsi's pdf to word. It was one of those "free after rebates" offer at a computer megastore. I convert the PDF file to a Word document, and if I want to resize it, I use Microsoft's PowerPoint. PowerPoint has the advantage of small file size and anybody wants to repaint a file they can easily grab the BMP file from PowerPoint. That being said, I think I will take looker's suggestion and download Ghostscript.
  8. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

dang... and I thought I've seen enough... :-D

I'll take back what i said to sir Trent earlier on...

Both of you guys are gonna be the resident airliner model designers of this forum... :twisted:
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hey thanks looker ill give it a go!!
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--Hope that's problem solved for you, Nothing ^^

I've been feeling really bad for the past few days... Thought I had a health problem and went to 3 hospitals and all doctors said I'm fine. Don't know what's wrong with me but anyway no progress on the Comet for the moment......... Off to a psychiatrist tomorrow >_<
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i think it did Lex.
    I hope you get to feeling better. nothing worse than felling bad and not knowing why! ive been there.
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Yea, well it might just be a teenager's problem......... I went to the doctor the other day and told him I might have some form of c**c*r, and he, being someone who had it himself, and survived, told me straight away that I'm too young to even have the right to talk about that >_< When I got back I laughed at myself hard. --The lesson is, if I don't study medicine, I'd better not make unrealistic inferences, and nor should I doubt the doctor! :D

Hey I'd better not derail this thread either! Thanks for making me feel better Nothing! sign1
  13. looker

looker Member

"Don't Panic"

14. doctormax

doctormax Member

I am waiting to see this, now I wonder how i start a thread. I have a south african nephew begging me to design a rooivalk attack helicopter for him to make during this horrible irish summer. so doing research on it. my speed at my designs means he may have it for christmas
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The job is complete... at last!!!

Words are meaningless, I'm having the file here at you guy's disposal... Hope you all like it! Any questions please leave till tomorrow, I got to sleep... :D

Offer: The first person to build the model and complete it will have their finished photo featured in the model instructions! --Crap offer isn't it?sign1 Any takers?
  16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Wow!! Thanks Lex. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Now let's bash this into a RCAF Comet 1...

17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i got ya covered Lex!!!! thank you!
  18. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

doctormax i get a forbidden message on that link.
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

20. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Looking good sir Trent!!! very nice!!!

I hope your doing fine there sir lex... and like sir looker said, just relax... :-D