Designing the De Havailland Comet-4

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Attached Files:

2. Hey Lex, where we at?

I sent posted the pics you requested at leat all I could find along with the link to many more.
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Lex is doing his final exams, so has taken a couple of weeks off from the forum.
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Indeed. It's all over now though, and I'm considering to restart the project later next week! (after packing up and vacating my room etc, you know, all the post-clean ups) But thanks for the picture Tim, that's exactly what I need!

Dyna-Soar, as for the Nimrod... I'm afraid the answer is probably no (too much effort... I'm lazy perhaps :D). But I will have a line version ready and available for modifications.
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Still going!

I've been moving places and only had broadband connected today... Sorry for the delay. (You know moving house is always a disaster for a modeller >_<) Although I insisted on handling the models myself, some of them was inevitably damaged... The worst being an 1/33 plastic Apache crashing into an 1/400 paper Scharnhorst, crippling the latter's forward bridge and also damaging the Apache's missile racks. --So plenty of repair work ahead. But anyway...

I've reunited with my repaired laptop, and the Comet team is once more working on the project. In the last 3 days all markings and internal supports are finalised, and the model has been unrolled, ready for building. However I'll be flying off to the good old Beijing on Sunday (not in a DH Comet by the way :wave:) for a summer placement and there's no way I'd get a pictorial instruction finished before that, so... no testbuilders yet, sorry :oops: But I will be building the lined version myself, and hopefully the internet there will be fast enough to enable me to post build progress photos... Meanwhile, back to work on Illustrator! :D

Attached Files:

6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

============Ignore this post please============
    Aaaaaaargh I'm soooooooooo going to KILL whoever made that 3D drawing of a Comet 4B variant that has the wingspan of a 4C on it!!!!!!!:curse: I've spent ages drawing those panel lines and now it's all efforts wasted!!!!!!wall1wall1wall1

(I know it's a problem on my end not checking the literatures earlier... but I just have to vent >_< Everyone ignore me!)
    ============Ignore this post please============
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Say, "Oh Poop!!!"

Now, are you not sure that you wouldn't rather do a Mk 1 or 2?

8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The problem is not as bad as I thought... All fixed now! :D Plus now I don't have to redo the wings for the 4C when I come to that! ;)

Actually, except for rivet-counters, can't I just shorten a section of the fuselage to get from a BOAC 4C to a BOAC 2? They look similar enough...

(P: My designs are never suited for rivet-counters anyway!:p)
  9. scon10

scon10 Member

But the main question is of course: did you pass your final exams?
    If so, congratulations, if not, don't worry, next chance will be easier, and you'll pass with higher grades. I know, been there, did it..... :)

10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Actually Lex that is what I plan to do with the Comet when you have it finished. Shorten the fuselage and put in square windows for a RCAF Comet.

I've been looking for a three view of the Avro Jetliner, but it just isn't to be found it seems.

11. Sooooo, Lex:whip1:Any projections as to when we will have the first model?steamtrain, just keep chugging .....
  12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Houston, we have colour!

Still getting my broadband sorted, so I'm in an internet cafe at the moment...... Oh well I believe this is what's called... a Teaser! sign1sign1 No progress on the testbuild so far (the sheets are still tucked in my folder) but I'll start the build once I get some white glue...

Attached Files:

13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very nice. ive been looking forward to this. i cant wait to see the finished product!
  14. :thumb::thumb:announce1 hooray!!!

Now I can see the end is in site. I will build it immediately on completion. I am reserving some of my Redriver chrome paper for this project. So, it is isn't too much trouble, can you provide a line only option? I can use the painted version but it tends to dull the chrome and lose some of the effect.

Great progress Lex. This will be one for the books.

Now If I could just get someone to take on the P-2 Neptune, I would really be able to die a happy man. (Well actually, not to be too hasty, I have a long list of other models I want as well) But this is a start.sign1
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Okay working on the instructions now... The model file for the 4B is finished, I wasn't planning on a release of the line version for this variant but since requested... Yes! :D The 4C is still on the drawing board and probably won't be finished until I sort out another secret project...

--More works now, report back later.
  16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Closing on to the finish line...

Now this is something we don't (normally) see in a free model... A COVER! ;) Instructions almost done, all that's left is... is... well... nothing really :D Just adding the finishing touches now

Attached Files:

17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very nice definately looking forward to this!
  18. David H

David H Member

You are an inspiration Lex.

19. That's great. How bout a stand placard as well?????

Can't wait. That will be my next project.
  20. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Stand...? Haven't even thought about that till now, I'll look into it!