Designing Naboo N-1 Fighter

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by julescrafter, Oct 10, 2008.

1. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Only took less than an hour to model in 3D, but it is hard to implement to paper model, because it has unique profile on its bottom part.

solution : I add some ribs to preserve the shape of this model when it comes to fold the paper

that's the progress so far

2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

fantastic! i love these star wars ones you are doing!
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Awesome! Is that tough spot working out?
  4. clif52

clif52 Banned

The Naboo Fighter looks great. I love all of the models you have designed. I've already downloaded the Wall-e models and plan on working on the Star Wars Ships.
  5. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

YAY! this is one of my top 5 favourite starfighters from starwars! great job so far!:thumb:
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Dont forget to take into account the paper thickness for the reinforcement.
  7. Romanator

Romanator Member

Awesome! :thumb: What program are you using?
    Great looking model, it will be interesting to see how this progresses.
  8. PaperRonin

PaperRonin Member

Nice one!!

Actually have a quick and simple pl**tic model standing on my TV... Can't wait to replace it with yours :D
  9. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

thanks for reminding me stev0, but I think to use the same paper thickness for the ribs is sufficient enough :)
  10. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

I use 3dmax, as it is my primary 3d software to make a living for architecture 3d visualization beside paper modeling :). And thanks to all of you guys for the nice words. Ah ya the scale is 1/30 the real length is 11 meters

and I'm sorry there is no progress no more.. it's already finished

available for free at

All the best

Back to paper robots for ILEX Press

11. Romanator

Romanator Member

wow, the skin work is amazing.

I once built a metal/plastic version of this, and it was terrible! I look forward to building this.

I was wondering what methods you used to create the ship ( specifically the formers, canopy, etc) I'm having troubles with my mig in these areas :p

Excellent build, looking forward to more.
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Good stuff. I would like to see these built instead of just digital model pics.

I would volunteer if I wasn't spending 6+ hours/day working on coursework for teaching.

13. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Thanks stev0, yeah I know.. like usual I never try my models, hopefully it could be built hahaha. But Thanks to all of you that already built the models.. and thank god it can.

14. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Hi Romano, thanks for the words

my tip is

don't make too many poly's on the 3d model, because it will be hard to unfold and paper is like we know not flat like 3d, it can be bend. So in 3d looks flat but in paper hopefully it wont.

Merged flat planes that can be merge on the pattern so it will be smooth on paper (built model).

the 3d model :

Unfolded and pattern :

That's my tip, maybe it is not the best but that's what I do

All the best

15. PaperRonin

PaperRonin Member

Have it in print, will try to build this one soon!