Designing JGSDF Armored Vehicle

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by julescrafter, Nov 6, 2007.

1. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Designing JGSDF Armored Vehicle 90% done. I working on the plan now.

2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Jules,

Just a question, What is program you use to create a mesh ?...I guess that is 3D Studio and unroll in Pepakura. Right?
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

Very interesting. The 3d model looks very nice.

What software are you using to model?

Uh ? :confused:Well , Nobi just ask the same question while I was typing my post.:mrgreen:
  4. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

yeah you're right :) I use 3D Studio MAx 7. but.. don't laugh.. I don't know how to use pepakura. so I rotate the planes manually with 3DS Max. :p
  5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I heard that 3D studio have scripts name "ChilliSkinner" what can act like unwrap tool (Example here) that is awesome tool :)
  6. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

oh my god.. it is a cool script... thanks a lot man :)
    I must get this script.. be right back :p

7. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

@ NOBI

Man, I 've visited the link you gave to me. It didn't exist. could you tell me where I can find and buy this script (Chilliskinner 3.00). can it be use on 3DS max 7.0? thanks before :)

8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member Semple/

Version: 3.0.2
    Last Updated On 7/9/2001 0:00
    Version Requirement: 4; 3

ChilliSkinner is THE tool to help you prepare your low poly models for skinning simply - quickly and without texture distortion

Installation/Notes: Install: Unzip to 3DStudio/Scripts/ folder

Run: From MAX - Utilities Panel - click the 'MAXScript' button and run from the Scripts/ folder

About your website : instruction inside APC's page is a T90's instruction. Something wrong?
  9. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

thanks NOBI, for the link
    Oh my god I forgot to change the link in the detail file :p
    thanks again man. :)

link fixed.. :)

10. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

work well on 3dmax 7.0
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It may not. Max 4.2 was somewhat unstable for files porting up to newer versions.
  12. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Very nice.

I can only expect good results for the Merkava.

Just an idea. Creating 'upgrade kits' for your existing work is a good idea to push sales of your works. Like the real tank, which gets a service life extension. An already finished model in your inventory can be created as a 2nd model type.

ex. Leopard 2 + A6 upgrade = Leopard 2A6 tank. Lets say about 1 page for the work. I don't think ANY designers have done this yet.

Then there is the Leopard 2 Pioneer Panzer engineering vehicle and so on.

Lots of model variants with one design. I think there are 4 versions of the Merkava right now with a Main Batte Tank, APC, ARV Engineering and even a 155mm (eep) Mobile Artillery Platform.

Your work is quite good. I look forward to your latests designs.
  14. Texman

Texman Guest

MER*KA*VA! MER*KA*VA! MER*KA*VA! Oh, by the way, will you be doing the Mk 4, with the really cool angled turret armor?

15. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

what a great idea! :thumb:

to texman : :mrgreen: , I'm also wondering what it may looks like. Maybe I should design 3 variants (Mk1,Mk2,Mk4) sign1

Thank you all for the supports..