Designer Members

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Erik J

Erik J Member

Designing things

I would think that to be considered a designer by this forum one should have posted a free download somewhere or have a design available for a price.

For what it's worth, I posted two free designs here on (C-141 and King Tiger). There is also the NCC-1701D on John Leslie's site. Go there if you want that one. While there, leave a support donation.

I don't have a web site to post things so will probably have to get one when I get the 'biggies' done. Biggies would be, in no particular order, He-115, Me-264, CG-10a, Go-242, He-343, Ta-183, TG-2a, Lockheed U2C, An-124, DFS-230a, and a few others. This doesn't include those completed and sitting on the shelf and reasonably ready to publisy. I like 1:33 or 1:50 if wingspan is close to 30". All are in various states of design/frustration Job hours (leave at 6am, get back 5:45p) have almost killed all design activity, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel with retirement looming before Christmas.

Oh, come to think of it, if the 'group' is particularly fond of any of the above, I can move it to #1 for things to do and quit fooling around with building models. What will it be? Ah, the life of a paper modeler.

- Erik
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

@HBB, I appreciate your humbleness Russell. However, I rate you a 1 only because you have done a simple (yet complex) cube.

If I were to rate your ability, you would get a 5 from me. You can design if you choose...and I think you know that!

@Erik J, I didn't mean you had to have any downloads. Lizzie Newell designs her own models (hope to hear from you Lizzie) and I do not recall any downloads (forgive me if I am wrong).

I just want the group to know who we are, and I'm trying to find out how many designers we have active here.
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Working on it

I rate myself about 1.25. I'm still finishing off my first model - the Airtractor 502B that I announced in this thread

It's still in progress mostly because I have trouble dragging myself away from building other models long enough to finish the final parts layout and assembly guide. However, it really will be available soon.

I am also working on a paper model of the Seaview from Voyage to the bottom of the sea. It's probably going to be another year at least for that one at the rate I'm moving. Also in progress is a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere.

And my collection of 3D models I want to develop eventually is growing rapidly - I won't even mention any names.

@murphyaa - you are welcome to link to any of my pics of your models. They are all available in the gallery - look in "SJSquirrels Work", or in the "Reference shots for threads" categories.

@sd2knbk - I really want that Chig bomber - are you going to be making it available?

@ Everyone who says they don't have a place to host things:

Maybe I'm out of line here, but isn't that what the Parts Bin is for? Every member of this group has a place to host things they want to make available to others. Thats's where all my models are going to be hosted as they become available.

I'm proud to be part of this amazing group of people.

Thanks for sharing everyone!
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

W-O-W will whan u finsh this f15?
  5. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Chig Bomber

Steve, see the Chig Bomber thread in the Science fiction section.

Scott K.
  6. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

I design...

I have a few under my belt. The earliest weren't what I'd call good, so they ended up as target practice for our BB guns. I think they were a Seafang and Hawker See Fury. The first one I dared show was my Hawker Tempest Mk V, then the MkII, and now the P-47 in silver. I have my P-47 in OD ready as well. I remembered that I actually did design a tank... my son loves the British WWI Rhomboids, so I did one (relatively simple, but what's there is pretty accurate) scaled for his green army men. If anyone can tell me how, I will give that one away as a download. It's about 13" long.
    I will now attempt to attach images... here goes... Oh, I guess I woud be maybe a 4 level designer... I don't do my parts way over-the-top; I try to let the surface artwirk carry more of the visual load- because I personally hate to build millions of tiny parts. I also did a Sopwith Camel but we sold the only one I assembled. Someday that will be ready again (I am improving it in fits and starts).

Attached Files:

7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

To my shame, I've never actually finished a design to the point where I was happy to release it back into the wild, but my workbench has been littered with lots of 'almost finished' projects. However, I hope I have been able to help a few others on their way to Rhino Nirvanha in the meantime.....

I have the attention span of a goldfish, apparently!

Wow, a bubbling treasure chest!

ARMORMAN Guest

"He likes bubbles."

-Finding Nemo
  9. Triop

Triop Member

@ sjsquirrel :

That airtractor looks GREAT !

...hope you finish it soon ! (not pushing ya :wink: )