designe c-47 help

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by yaniv, Dec 13, 2005.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

i start work on my firs model design using Tim tutrial

but i have some litel problem

i whant make a model of c-47 skytrain in 1/33 scal

somone can please help me with figer out how mach in MM i need for the

in 33

i found ovet the net thet the 1/1 scal have...

Span: 95 ft. 0 in.
    Length: 64 ft. 5 in.
    Height: 16 ft. 11 in.

1 more thing---> Span = from the most left point to the right point?(if u looking on top view)
    Length: the most left point to the most right point (if u looking on side view)?including tail?
    Height = the most hige pont to the most low point ?including gers?
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Multiply feet by 12 to give you the size in inches.
    95ft = 1140in then multipy that by 25.4 for the size in millimetres
    1140in = 28956mm divide by 33 for 877.454545mm in 1/33 scale.

That's going to be a pretty big bird.
  3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

For conversions you can use one of the on-line tools, ea

Span/Length/Height - you are correct
  4. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Yaniv ....C-47 is one of my favorite aircrafts!

I think the dimension in 33scale in mm is Span would be 877.45; Length would be 594.97 and Height would be 156.24! These I derived from Multiplying the 1:1 length (in Feet) by 12 (inches to the foot) and divide the product by 33 ( the scale) and multiply this by 24.5 to arrive at the millimeter dimension...
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

thenks u all :)

yes the c47 is my fivorit airplan like the b17 but for now its only a test designe coz its the fist time i open 3d program and play with :)
  6. darenfranks

darenfranks New Member

I actually see something I can reply about!!! I have been a part of this group for sometime, but mostly lurking. I have been building Card models for sometime, and love the hobbie.

Now, the C-47. Fiddlers Green has a fairly good C-47. I would have to check on the scale. I am building it now, and if it turns out halfway decient, I will post some pics.
  7. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

What is your source (the drawings, I mean) in preparing the tracing? I'm also thinking of doing a Tim Perry's tutorial using the C-47 as the basis... My source, obtained from Internet, has some details obscured...Best regards

8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i use a drowing i found over the net but looks like ther not good.. have mye good thet u can sher with me?

i thinking mybe using the drowing in the old IAF card model of the c47

u can also tray the c47 by flymodel very diteling and nice model
  9. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Yaniv, this is the source of the C-47 ...

Best regards

Muhammad (aka tausugAir)

Attached Files:

10. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

yes i just work on it :)

somone please tell me how i cheng the color of the black lines drawing from black to whit? i paint shop pro
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

In Paint Shop Pro under the Adjust menu, possible buried somewhere else depending on version, is a negative command. Run that which will reverse the black and white, then save the save.

You might also want to download Convert, a free program which does a lot of different conversions. It can be found at

My math isn't as good as it used to be, so I really on little programs like these a lot to assist me. I am sure it will be just as useful for you.