Derailment at Willow Valley

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by chessie4155, May 7, 2007.

1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

(AP) This just in, Chessie System Railroads, Western Division. has announced today that a major derailment has closed the St, Louis line. Details are sketchy at this time, more on this story as it developes.
    This photo was taken at the scene, the quality is poor due to fading light in the valley.
  2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Kinda looks like something inside the tunnel collapsed and all those other cars wouldn't fit through the portal at the same time and so stacked up like dominoes. Hope they send the rescue crews in from the other end quick to bring the engineers out if anyones still alive!

COMBAT Member

You need some of these now! :)

Good luck!
  4. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

OUCH!!!:eek: SORRY to here about the wreck Mark:(. well, on the bright side, i don't see any UP cars in the mess:ptooth1. Hope no one was hurt;).
    :mrgreen: -Deano
  5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

more and more tradgedys every day.lets hope there little plastic souls are still in there.....sign1 sign1 --josh
  6. chessie4155

More on the derailment at Willow: These photos have just come in from our reporter in the field. Good news, No LPPs were injured in the derailment. Cleanup has begun and the ICC is investigating to determine cause.
    The lead and second units were able to exit the other portal, however there is a third unit still inside with other cars.
    more on this story as it develops.
  7. chessie4155

Combat: those are some nice looking rescue trucks. Lil to modern for me but fine looking trucks. Who makes them?
    Deano; cause of derailment has not been determined yet, and there is a UP car still inside the tunnel! :mrgreen: ( just kidding)
  8. chessie4155

Clean up of the derailment at Willow is almost complete. The track gang has started repairing the tracks. Trains will be rollin again soon.
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Great series of pics for this story! The first shot looks like a real mess!
  10. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Want old school..... They got that too. :)
    Dept 1-87
    Dept 1-87 is a subdivision of B O L E Y Corporation

PLEASE Do not pay retail on these. They can be purchased cheaper.... TRUST ME! :)

I hope that helps someone. By the way, Boley is kinda modern. Sorry. :)
  11. chessie4155

Track Inspector Foster checking things over, looks like it will be 10mph for a little while..