derailing is getting the best of me

iis612

I too purchased a large amount of ez track. I have found that "point picking" happens alot. The problem that I have encountered the most is there is nothing maintaining tension on the point to the stock rail.
That means that general vibration can cause the switch to open partially.

stanC

gluing my flex track down

I glue the track down using a hot melt glue gun. It is quick and easy and not all that difficult to take off if you want to move it.
Stan

I have been gluing my flex track down with DAP clear latex caulk instead of with nails. I use pins and weights to hold it while it dries, which is about a day. I find it to be a far superior method to nailing. It even helps smooth out minor variations in ballast strip. The only caveat I can think of is longevity. I don't know if time will cause it to come loose or not, as the layout is only 4 months old.

stanC

gluing my flex track down

I use a hot melt with a glue gun to stick the track down. It is quick and easy and not to difficult to take off if you want to move it
Stan

I have been gluing my flex track down with DAP clear latex caulk instead of with nails. I use pins and weights to hold it while it dries, which is about a day. I find it to be a far superior method to nailing. It even helps smooth out minor variations in ballast strip. The only caveat I can think of is longevity. I don't know if time will cause it to come loose or not, as the layout is only 4 months old.

avlisk

Hi, stanC. I tried the hot glue gun first, but found the glue would dry too quickly and I'd be left with hard lumps of glue and lumpy track. I guess there is a way to do it, since you are happy with the results, but I couldn't master it. With the caulk, I have hours for set-up time, and can do dozens of feet at a time. I just couldn't figure out how to do it with the hot glue gun. Different strokes, as they say. Ken S.